• 19(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-04-22, 22:52)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 22:43)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I think I may have found an issue. Amber Settings > Home Layout, then I disabled TV Shows and Movies. I then used the Empty menu options to re-create TV Shows and Movies, so this way I can get the startup focus on TV Shows, but what I noticed is that even though I selected the TV Shelf for TV Shows and Movie Shelf for Movies, they aren't being displayed. All I see above TV Shows is a (dot) where the shelf should be.

Screenshot:

Also, you may want to consider somewhere down the road to have the highlight bar remember its last positions. For example when I go to Settings > Amber Settings and then come out of it, it should remember the last position as with other skins. I just thought I would mention that to you. It is not biggie.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks for your feedback. I will look into that part of the code, as I had not tried something like that yet. You have skin shortcuts enabled in Amber settings, correct?

I have noticed also the focus issue you describe, but had not been able to determine a pattern, since the default behavior for a list control is to remember the last focused item. I will check further into that as well.

Regards,

Bart 
Yes, skin shortcuts is enabled.
Hello everyone.

It's been years since I used Amber under Kodi Krypton.
I'm happy to see that this skin is compatible with Kodi Leia.
Congratulations on your work Bsoriano.

I installed it and it works properly apart from 2 or 3 things.

1) Would it be possible to decrease the scrolling speed for the summary of movies, series or music albums ? I find this speed is too fast on some pages.

2) I am French and there are still words or terms that are not translated into French.

3) It would be nice also to add an option to move down or up the shelf on the menus Movies, Series or Music instead it remains fixed in the middle of the screen.

4) I also use the add-on Tvheadend HTSP Client to watch TV and TV recordings. When I watch a TV recording, the logo of the recorded channel is not displayed (it is displayed with the Estuary skin). It would be nice if the channel logos are displayed while we watch a recording like watching live TV.
For the program guide, the information bar does not display the end time.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
(2019-04-23, 18:58)Cyberdom Wrote: Hello everyone.

It's been years since I used Amber under Kodi Krypton.
I'm happy to see that this skin is compatible with Kodi Leia.
Congratulations on your work Bsoriano.

I installed it and it works properly apart from 2 or 3 things.

1) Would it be possible to decrease the scrolling speed for the summary of movies, series or music albums ? I find this speed is too fast on some pages.

2) I am French and there are still words or terms that are not translated into French.

3) It would be nice also to add an option to move down or up the shelf on the menus Movies, Series or Music instead it remains fixed in the middle of the screen.

4) I also use the add-on Tvheadend HTSP Client to watch TV and TV recordings. When I watch a TV recording, the logo of the recorded channel is not displayed (it is displayed with the Estuary skin). It would be nice if the channel logos are displayed while we watch a recording like watching live TV.
For the program guide, the information bar does not display the end time.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

@Cyberdom, thank you for your feedback!

As for the issues you mentioned, I will look into 1 and 4, I should be able to address those.

In terms of issue 2, there's not much I can do until some kind user agrees to translate the skin strings into French. Would you be willing to do that? If so, please let me know and I can provide you detailed instructions.

Finally, I am not sure what you mean with issue 3. Could you please send me a screenshot that shows the issue, as well as what you are expecting to happen that is not happening? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for your quick reply.

Regarding point 3, I would like to have an option to go up or down the shelf to better see the fanart in the background.

(2019-04-22, 11:05)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - I'll speak to the team and see if I can get someone to help you out (I'm not a coder, so doing it is beyond me personally).

For the latter, go to the first post of the thread and do a full edit (not a quick one). On there you should be able to edit the post title as well as the content itself. The title of the first post is the title of the thread, so changing it will change the thread's title too. That one I can do if you need help, let me know and I can change it for you if needed.
@DarrenHill, I was finally able to create a repo for Amber.  It took some doing, and I even had to modify a python script to create repos so that it worked fine under Windows.  I will update the first post with the info shortly.  Again, thanks for the idea and your help.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have created a repo for Amber.  Please see the download link in the first post.  For the most up-to-date changes, bug fixes and testing of WIP features, install the skin from the Amber Repo.  That way, the skin will be automatically updated with the changes I make and you will not have to download from GitHub every time.  Thanks to @DarrenHill for the suggestion!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-24, 00:21)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have created a repo for Amber.  Please see the download link in the first post.  For the most up-to-date changes, bug fixes and testing of WIP features, install the skin from the Amber Repo.  That way, the skin will be automatically updated with the changes I make and you will not have to download from GitHub every time.  Thanks to @DarrenHill for the suggestion!

Regards,

Bart

Great stuff @bsoriano, I'll be using your beta repo. You can link straight to the ZIP for your repo at https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.0.zip

Regards,

Bart

Awesome!
(2019-04-23, 22:30)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you for your quick reply.

Regarding point 3, I would like to have an option to go up or down the shelf to better see the fanart in the background.

@Cyberdom , thanks for  the screenshot.  

The position of the shelf is fixed, and it would take too much coding to make the shelf "moveable".  You can always disable any shelf you don't want showing up in Amber Settings.

I am sorry I cannot address this request.  

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-24, 00:50)spudstuff Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Great stuff @bsoriano, I'll be using your beta repo. You can link straight to the ZIP for your repo at https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.0.zip 
Thanks @spudstuff ! I will change the link to the more direct one.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-24, 01:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-23, 22:30)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you for your quick reply.

@Cyberdom , thanks for  the screenshot.  

The position of the shelf is fixed, and it would take too much coding to make the shelf "moveable".  You can always disable any shelf you don't want showing up in Amber Settings.

I am sorry I cannot address this request.  

Regards,

Bart      
Thanks anyway @bsoriano.
I will wait to see if you can improve the other points of my request.

For Amber updates, will we have them a little later with Kodi's official repository ?
I like keeping things simple so I wish to not see the search option on my screen.
I tried enabling global search too but that did not remove the search from the main menu either, the search seems stuck on the main menu.

Any tips how to remove it?
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2019-04-24, 19:33)Raitsa Wrote: I like keeping things simple so I wish to not see the search option on my screen.
I tried enabling global search too but that did not remove the search from the main menu either, the search seems stuck on the main menu.

Any tips how to remove it?

Of course, go to Amber Settings, Home Layout and disable the Search main menu option. Did you try this and it did not work? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - just wanted to feed back that I've got the repo now on my Kodi fleet (Win10, Android and LibreElec Pi's) and all are going fine and updated correctly on install.

Much nicer than having to chase around with zip files. Top job Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@bsoriano - Is there a way I can initialize the "view" options for Movies and TV Shows on Amber while using it on my Android device, phone, tablet etc..?

No rush bro. I know you're busy with other stuff. I was just curious because I started using Kodi on my Tab last night.

Thanks,

Shedrock
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5