• 224(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-08-19, 16:51)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-08-19, 16:39)bsoriano Wrote: you both mention that there is a problem with Amber, but I do not have the issue.
Hi Bart,

I am not sure @Karellen was saying it was your skin. Sorry if I may have confused you into thinking so. I will try Amber again on LE. I just tried it on Windows, but same thing. It is probably an issue on my end. (it usually is), but I will do a fresh install and test it again.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , when you test on Windows again, could you please post screenshots of your settings in the Backgrounds section of Amber settings, of the Choose Art select dialog for a movie that you know has multiple fanarts, and for the source that you are adding? If all of those are similar to what I posted, and fanarts are still not rotaing for you, then please post a debug log so that I can take a look and see if I spot any issue, and also PM me or post a link to the settings.xml for Amber (located in <userdata>\addon_data\skin.amber), so that I can see if there is a combination of settings that I have not tried that is causing the issue.

Which scraper are you using, and what are the settings you configured for it?

Finally, are you using the version of Amber from the Kodi repo, Amber repo or GitHub? Please let me know so that I can test exactly as you are testing.  If you would like, let me know of a particular movie that you are testing with, and I will test with that as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-19, 17:03)bsoriano Wrote: Which scraper are you using, and what are the settings you configured for it?
I will let you know Bart. I am using UMS and my settings are set to download the artwork. I am going to do a clean install again, and make sure that the fanartX resides in the movie root folder. I am actually trying to see if TMM 4.x will do it. According to a post you made, I believe it does. Not sure on the free version, but I am going to give it a shot. I think the issue is that many of my movies have fanart in the <extrafanart> folder. More recent movies have them in the root, as it should be with Matrix, which is just weird that they decided to go this route. It should have been backwards compatible for people with large libraries. Anyway, I will start testing and get back to you ASAP. I am almost 100% certain the issue is on my end.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-08-19, 17:46)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-08-19, 17:03)bsoriano Wrote: Which scraper are you using, and what are the settings you configured for it?
I will let you know Bart. I am using UMS and my settings are set to download the artwork. I am going to do a clean install again, and make sure that the fanartX resides in the movie root folder. I am actually trying to see if TMM 4.x will do it. According to a post you made, I believe it does. Not sure on the free version, but I am going to give it a shot. I think the issue is that many of my movies have fanart in the <extrafanart> folder. More recent movies have them in the root, as it should be with Matrix, which is just weird that they decided to go this route. It should have been backwards compatible for people with large libraries. Anyway, I will start testing and get back to you ASAP. I am almost 100% certain the issue is on my end.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks, I hope it works for you.  By the way, I found this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3041108  which has a script (Unix/Linux) that will go through all of the movie directories, go into the extrafanart folder, rename the files as fanartxx, and moves them to the main movie folder.  It then deletes the extrafanart folder.  I thought this could be useful to you.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-19, 18:45)bsoriano Wrote: I found this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3041108  which has a script (Unix/Linux)
Thanks Bart,

It works! I just did another installation and got TMM 4.x to only scrape extrfanart to the root folders.I checked Amber an it is indeed rotating on 8 movies that I've added so far. As for that script, it may not serve me well because all my movies are on 3 Windows PC's (Servers) with 23 HD's each, and I use MKLINK to create 3 main shares, then it is mounted in linux using this method storage-movies.mount etc. It is an odd setup, but TMM seems to be able to scrape the fanarts into the folders just fine.

Anyway, I am going to check some more movies, but I think my main issue was what @Karellen showed me in this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3055430 - Point 5D.
(2021-08-19, 19:18)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-08-19, 18:45)bsoriano Wrote: I found this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3041108  which has a script (Unix/Linux)
Thanks Bart,

It works! I just did another installation and got TMM 4.x to only scrape extrfanart to the root folders.I checked Amber an it is indeed rotating on 8 movies that I've added so far. As for that script, it may not serve me well because all my movies are on 3 Windows PC's (Servers) with 23 HD's each, and I use MKLINK to create 3 main shares, then it is mounted in linux using this method storage-movies.mount etc. It is an odd setup, but TMM seems to be able to scrape the fanarts into the folders just fine.

Anyway, I am going to check some more movies, but I think my main issue was what @Karellen showed me in this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3055430 - Point 5D.
@shedrock, I am glad it's working now Smile

Tmm is really good, and the developers are very responsive.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-19, 16:39)bsoriano Wrote: These are the settings I have in the Backgrounds section of the Amber settings:

Image[/url]
Thanks @bsoriano for your screenshot.

I had enabled the last setting "use fanart.jpg if present in folder or parent folder". This seems to override rotating background. Once I disabled it, the fanart rotated correctly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-19, 19:35)bsoriano Wrote: Tmm is really good, and the developers are very responsive.
Well, I am trying to purchase a license for it, but it's so complicated on their site. It is great, and I've been using it for a long time now. The new version is limited and I am not sure where to leave support questions. I'll have to research that.

Thanks Bart for ALL you do, & @Karellen as well. You guys are awesome!

Shedrock
(2021-08-19, 22:26)Karellen Wrote: I had enabled the last setting "use fanart.jpg if present in folder or parent folder". This seems to override rotating background. Once I disabled it, the fanart rotated correctly.

@Karellen , thanks for confirming.  I will check the code for that option, it is there mainly for people who use file mode instead of library.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@bsoriano -Hi Bart,

Will you consider adding the Context Menu and Extras code back for AB (Matrix) to Amber Matrix? Maybe just add the option in settings?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2965273

Thanks,

Shedrock
Definitely something strange with fullscreen music. Playing compilation albums you can only have either extrafanart OR single image. If an artist only has fanart.jpg in the artist information folder it will show if extrafanart option is OFF . If it's ON no image is shown.
But no extrafanart is shown (which is correct). Seems like having extrafanart ON ignores the artists fanart.jpg and looks for fanart1 etc etc. So artists with extrafanart will show but not single image artists.
I hope this makes sense.
Running amber from amber repository. version 3.4.26.
Any help on alternate settings would help if I've missed an option as well.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2021-08-20, 04:32)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano -Hi Bart,

Will you consider adding the Context Menu and Extras code back for AB (Matrix) to Amber Matrix? Maybe just add the option in settings?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2965273

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , sure, I will add that back.  Have you tested that Matrix version of AB? Is it working well for you?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-20, 18:03)bsoriano Wrote: Have you tested that Matrix version of AB? Is it working well for you?
It seems to work just fine. I think Karellen was telling me to read this post HERE before using it, but I tried it and it seems ok. That's why I was asking if you can maybe have an option to use it or not. AD does not give you as much control as AB does in my opinion. This is the link to it AB Matrix HERE.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-08-20, 15:43)leepenny Wrote: Definitely something strange with fullscreen music. Playing compilation albums you can only have either extrafanart OR single image. If an artist only has fanart.jpg in the artist information folder it will show if extrafanart option is OFF . If it's ON no image is shown.
But no extrafanart is shown (which is correct). Seems like having extrafanart ON ignores the artists fanart.jpg and looks for fanart1 etc etc. So artists with extrafanart will show but not single image artists.
I hope this makes sense.
Running amber from amber repository. version 3.4.26.
Any help on alternate settings would help if I've missed an option as well.
@leepenny , thanks for pointing this out.  I have fixed the issue.  Please test the latest from GitHub and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  If you cannot test from GitHub, please give me a couple of days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Can only test on amber repository. But am very grateful for the quick response.
Many thanks.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2021-08-20, 18:09)shedrock Wrote: It seems to work just fine

@shedrock , the options have been added back.  The changes are on GitHub already.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5