• 48(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-08-21, 18:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-21, 17:03)edjalmo Wrote: Sorry to bother you again, but I noticed that in Settings > System Information > Storage they show infos a little messy. Can you fix in your next update?

@edjalmo , I am not sure this is something I can fix, as those are just labels that are being displayed, without the skin knowing what the content is, and the same label ids are shown for all categories.  And this looks different depending on the underlying OS.

How does this look in Estuary?

Regards,

Bart 

Show more nice in Estuary.

If you show it in vertical orientation could be more easy to show, since have more empty space at the bottom (but maybe is weird, since I didn't saw this in none skin).

EDIT: I figured out that vertical orientation will not work good for those have a lot of hard drivers.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-08-21, 19:44)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-21, 18:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-21, 17:03)edjalmo Wrote: Sorry to bother you again, but I noticed that in Settings > System Information > Storage they show infos a little messy. Can you fix in your next update?

@edjalmo , I am not sure this is something I can fix, as those are just labels that are being displayed, without the skin knowing what the content is, and the same label ids are shown for all categories.  And this looks different depending on the underlying OS.

Regards,

Bart  

If you show it in vertical orientation could be more easy to show, since have more empty space at the bottom (but maybe is weird, since I didn't saw this in none skin).

EDIT: I figured out that vertical orientation will not work good for those have a lot of hard drivers. 
@edjalmo , as I mentioned before, the skin does not know what each label is so that it can be formatted independently; they are just labels 2 through 12 and are used for all categories (storage, network, etc.)  In Estuary the information looks better due to the font being used.  All I am willing to do for this is use a smaller font.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-21, 21:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-21, 19:44)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-21, 18:41)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , I am not sure this is something I can fix, as those are just labels that are being displayed, without the skin knowing what the content is, and the same label ids are shown for all categories.  And this looks different depending on the underlying OS.

Regards,

Bart  

@edjalmo , as I mentioned before, the skin does not know what each label is so that it can be formatted independently; they are just labels 2 through 12 and are used for all categories (storage, network, etc.)  In Estuary the information looks better due to the font being used.  All I am willing to do for this is use a smaller font.

Regards,

Bart 

I don't know for sure @bsoriano, but I think this is not a font issue (just an intuition). It's like they are align until the "Capacity" label, and then they mess because the next one is too big. Check the spaces between words in Estuary and Amber, they're different. (I check Arctic Zephyr: 2 and Aura, they show nice there too).
I'm sorry, I wish I could help more than just pointing things.
(2019-08-21, 22:47)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-21, 21:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-21, 19:44)edjalmo Wrote: Show more nice in Estuary.

Regards,

Bart  

I don't know for sure @bsoriano, but I think this is not a font issue (just an intuition). It's like they are align until the "Capacity" label, and then they mess because the next one is too big. Check the spaces between words in Estuary and Amber, they're different. (I check Arctic Zephyr: 2 and Aura, they show nice there too).
I'm sorry, I wish I could help more than just pointing things. 
@edjalmo , we are not getting anywhere. Each line is just one label, there is no way for the skin to separate parts of the label, and to align parts of the text with the line above.  And as I will say again, the same labels are used for all the categories in that window.

The code in Amber for the first three labels is this:

xml:

<control type="label" id="2">
                        <description>Label 2</description>
                        <height>45</height>
                        <width>1420</width>
                        <font>ListDetails</font>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label" id="3">
                        <description>Label 3</description>
                        <height>45</height>
                        <width>1420</width>
                        <font>ListDetails</font>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label" id="4">
                        <description>Label 4</description>
                        <height>45</height>
                        <font>ListDetails</font>
                        <width>1420</width>
                    </control>

In Estuary it is this:

xml:

<control type="label" id="2">
                    <height>47</height>
                    <width>1400</width>
                    <font>Mono26</font>
                </control>
                <control type="label" id="3">
                    <height>47</height>
                    <width>1400</width>
                    <font>Mono26</font>
                </control>
                <control type="label" id="4">
                    <height>47</height>
                    <width>1400</width>
                    <font>Mono26</font>
                </control>

So you see, apart from height and width, the difference is the font.  Have you tried any of the other Amber fonts other than the default and see how it looks then?

I will not be dedicating any more time to look into this.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-21, 23:47)bsoriano Wrote: So you see, apart from height and width, the difference is the font.  Have you tried any of the other Amber fonts other than the default and see how it looks then?

Yes this is just a font issue. It's aligned in Estuary because they're using a monospaced font. I would just switch Amber to the same font as Estuary for these labels (Mono26, and grab their font definition).

Personally I don't think it's a big deal.

Cheers, Adam.
(2019-08-22, 00:04)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-08-21, 23:47)bsoriano Wrote: So you see, apart from height and width, the difference is the font.  Have you tried any of the other Amber fonts other than the default and see how it looks then?

Yes this is just a font issue. It's aligned in Estuary because they're using a monospaced font. I would just switch Amber to the same font as Estuary for these labels (Mono26, and grab their font definition).

Personally I don't think it's a big deal.

Cheers, Adam. 
@spudstuff thanks! I will try that and see how it looks.

Regards,

Bart

I will not be dedicating any more time to look into this.

My apologies!
I think I got it now!
@edjalmo , could you please check the latest from Git? I worked on the following:

- "Glitch" with the alphabet strip.  I mostly fixed this.  While the alphabet strip might show up when scrolling really fast up or down, only one, the correct one for the view type, will appear briefly.  I don't know what else to do for this, and, in my opinion, is OK as it is after the latest change.
- Increase width of list view items.  I did this for all of the list view types.  Now there is only the space at the end required for the alphabet strip.
- Changed System Info labels to use monospace version of all of the fonts Amber uses.  Please test and let me know if this looks better.

Please note that there might be errors/issues with the video info dialog / person info dialog, as they are still a Work In Progress.

Please download, test, and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you!
(2019-08-22, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote: - "Glitch" with the alphabet strip.  I mostly fixed this.  While the alphabet strip might show up when scrolling really fast up or down, only one, the correct one for the view type, will appear briefly.  I don't know what else to do for this, and, in my opinion, is OK as it is after the latest change.
Much better, but now in some view (precisely in list, biglist and panel) they stay hidden in some moments(I think at a time when there was glitch before).
Since this brief appearance (when we are not in alphabet strip) seems to be random, I prefer the old mode (which is when they switch from one letter to another), but maybe is this that are causing the glitch(?).
Thinking of the way it was before (just a comment that is probably wrong): since this doesn't happen at all in fanart view, this is not because some visibility condition that are showing the alphabet strip of the other view in current views?

(2019-08-22, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote: - Increase width of list view items.  I did this for all of the list view types.  Now there is only the space at the end required for the alphabet strip.
Really good! I think you could put in this position too the Panel, BigPanel and Icons views, or at least more close to the edge.
(2019-08-22, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote: - Changed System Info labels to use monospace version of all of the fonts Amber uses.  Please test and let me know if this looks better.
Thanks for this, now are not messy Smile ! Just a little thing here, you forgot to put it uppercase (depending of the font).
(2019-08-23, 03:16)edjalmo Wrote: Thank you!
(2019-08-22, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote: - "Glitch" with the alphabet strip.  I mostly fixed this.  While the alphabet strip might show up when scrolling really fast up or down, only one, the correct one for the view type, will appear briefly.  I don't know what else to do for this, and, in my opinion, is OK as it is after the latest change.
Much better, but now in some view (precisely in list, biglist and panel) they stay hidden in some moments(I think at a time when there was glitch before).
Since this brief appearance (when we are not in alphabet strip) seems to be random, I prefer the old mode (which is when they switch from one letter to another), but maybe is this that are causing the glitch(?).
Thinking of the way it was before (just a comment that is probably wrong): since this doesn't happen at all in fanart view, this is not because some visibility condition that are showing the alphabet strip of the other view in current views?

(2019-08-22, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote: - Increase width of list view items.  I did this for all of the list view types.  Now there is only the space at the end required for the alphabet strip.
Really good! I think you could put in this position too the Panel, BigPanel and Icons views, or at least more close to the edge.
(2019-08-22, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote: - Changed System Info labels to use monospace version of all of the fonts Amber uses.  Please test and let me know if this looks better.
Thanks for this, now are not messy Smile ! Just a little thing here, you forgot to put it uppercase (depending of the font).

@edjalmo, thank you for your feedback. Could you please explain in more detail what you are seeing now with the alphabet strip and what steps do you take to get the issue?

Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-23, 03:31)bsoriano Wrote:

@edjalmo, thank you for your feedback. Could you please explain in more detail what you are seeing now with the alphabet strip and what steps do you take to get the issue?

Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

If we are navegating on alphabetic strip in the list, biglist or panel view in some moments alphabetic strip will be hidden. I think this moments is the same moments that before had the glitch.

The other thing is, like you mentioned, in some moments, when we are not in alphabetic strip, they show up. But before, this moments was consistent (in the change of one letter to another, like of Shazam to Titanic ) and now this moments are random.
(2019-08-23, 03:50)edjalmo Wrote: If we are navegating on alphabetic strip in the list, biglist or panel view in some moments alphabetic strip will be hidden. I think this moments is the same moments that before had the glitch.

The other thing is, like you mentioned, in some moments, when we are not in alphabetic strip, they show up. But before, this moments was consistent (in the change of one letter to another, like of Shazam to Titanic ) and now this moments are random.

@bsoriano, just an update: excluded the list, biglist and panel in all the other views alphabetic strip are working fine.

@edjalmo , please check the latest from Git. The monospace fonts are uppercase where they need to be now.  I also placed the alphabet strip consistently in the panel and icons views.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-23, 18:57)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-23, 03:50)edjalmo Wrote: If we are navegating on alphabetic strip in the list, biglist or panel view in some moments alphabetic strip will be hidden. I think this moments is the same moments that before had the glitch.

@bsoriano, just an update: excluded the list, biglist and panel in all the other views alphabetic strip are working fine. 
@edjalmo, please check the latest from Git.  The behavior of the alphabet strip is consistent for me across all views.  Sometimes the strip shows up, only one and the correct one for the view.  This only happens when you are scrolling very fast or when you leave the up or down key pressed for a long time.  Given that the latter is certainly an edge case, in my opinion it is fine now.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-24, 00:01)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , please check the latest from Git. The monospace fonts are uppercase where they need to be now.  I also placed the alphabet strip consistently in the panel and icons views.  Thanks.
Perfect! Thanks! The last thing I can say is that only in lowlist the height of alphabet strip are not enough for it, and the last letter be a little cropped.
(2019-08-24, 00:04)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, please check the latest from Git.  The behavior of the alphabet strip is consistent for me across all views.  Sometimes the strip shows up, only one and the correct one for the view.  This only happens when you are scrolling very fast or when you leave the up or down key pressed for a long time.  Given that the latter is certainly an edge case, in my opinion it is fine now.
I could not noticed anymore any unwanted behavior on alphabet strip. I think is solved now Smile Thank you!
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5