• 83(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2020-02-19, 01:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 00:07)Grinario Wrote: I have a idea.......

is it possible in the TV channel view or in the EPG view show the live TV instead the logo? when i switch through the channels in the field with the channel logo we can see the tv stream?

Or is it possible to realisaze a dual window to show two channels together? then we can select in context menu play window 1, for the second channel play window 2. I Know this i complitated, but i will think about next time. And i will show you how i mean this.

@Grinario, those are great ideas, thank you. I don’t know whether they are possible or not. As far as I know, you can only play one live tv channel at a time. Anyway, I will investigate.

Regards,

Bart 
I´m only good in Powerpoint skinning :-) but i have time and i will show you how i mean this. But, if you say there is no way to show two Live TV streams at the same time, there is my Powerpoint skin not helping. :-)
i will come back to the optimizing shelf:-)

is it possible to add in the bottom line from the shelfes shot cuts or libary nodes for faster navigation?
The secont option is to show the played contend in the free area the shelfes above. THer is more space for show the contend with Logo and the second step is to implementated buttons for touch screens (stop, next, fullscreen ...)

- I´m not sure, but is it possilble, the option in skin setting "show watched contend in shelves" it has no funkction. if i have turn this on or off, all times is hide the showed contend
- Only for info: The option use global search is two times in the skin settings displayd :-)
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart, I have been using kodi with your skin again lately on a Odroid N2 with CoreELEC and PlexKodiConnect.

Every time I click on a movie I get a pop up saying you must download "embuary helper" to use this feature.

I have no idea what feature it is talking about and tbh I don't think I am interested in it.

Is there any way to stop this dialog keep popping up ?

Thanks
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

When I try to play an album from my Recently Added (Music) widget, I get an error "Play Album Script Error" it says. Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2020-02-23, 20:32)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

When I try to play an album from my Recently Added (Music) widget, I get an error "Play Album Script Error" it says. Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock, do you have script.playalbum installed? The skin plays an album directly from the widgets using script.playalbum.  If you do, please check that you have the latest version, or that you did not disable it.  You can uninstll it if you have it.  If you do, the skin will just open the album instead of playing it from the widget.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-02-23, 00:57)treboR2Robert Wrote: @bsoriano 

Hi Bart, I have been using kodi with your skin again lately on a Odroid N2 with CoreELEC and PlexKodiConnect.

Every time I click on a movie I get a pop up saying you must download "embuary helper" to use this feature.

I have no idea what feature it is talking about and tbh I don't think I am interested in it.

Thanks

@treboR2Robert , are you clicking a movie while browsing your library, or are you clicking from the movie information dialog? The skin has both script.embuary.helper and plugin.video.themoviedb.helper as requirements now.  You can download script.embuary.helper from the Kodi repo, and plugin.video.themoviedb.helper from jurialmunkey's GitHub.

Both scripts are needed for full skin functionality.  

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @treboR2Robert, I understand how some users, like you, would not be interested in functionality provided by embuary helper or tmdb helper.  I am working on changes so that neither is required anymore; the skin will just not have the full functionality.  I expect to finish this change in the next couple of days and publish to GitHub.
(2020-02-23, 23:07)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, do you have script.playalbum installed? The skin plays an album directly from the widgets using script.playalbum.  If you do, please check that you have the latest version, or that you did not disable it.  You can uninstll it if you have it.  If you do, the skin will just open the album instead of playing it from the widget.

I am using this version 3.0.4 of script.playalbum, and it is enabled.

This is the error it is logging: https://paste.kodi.tv/ocolitafup.kodi

Update: If I delete the script altogether, I can click on an album widget and it plays but it does not take me to the library. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2020-02-23, 23:29)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 23:07)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, do you have script.playalbum installed? The skin plays an album directly from the widgets using script.playalbum.  If you do, please check that you have the latest version, or that you did not disable it.  You can uninstll it if you have it.  If you do, the skin will just open the album instead of playing it from the widget.

I am using this version 3.0.4 of script.playalbum, and it is enabled.

This is the error it is logging: https://paste.kodi.tv/ocolitafup.kodi

Update: If I delete the script altogether, I can click on an album widget and it plays but it does not take me to the library. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Shedrock 
@shedrock, thanks for the additional info.  From your log it seems to be a problem with the script.playalbum itself.  I will check to see if there is anything that has changed in the way that addon is supposed to be called.  And I will test what happens on my system if I do not have the addon, I have not tested that for a long time. More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-02-25, 00:38)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, thanks for the additional info.  From your log it seems to be a problem with the script.playalbum itself.  I will check to see if there is anything that has changed in the way that addon is supposed to be called.  And I will test what happens on my system if I do not have the addon, I have not tested that for a long time. More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart 
Thank you Bart. Much appreciated.
(2020-02-23, 23:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 00:57)treboR2Robert Wrote: @bsoriano 

Thanks

@treboR2Robert , are you clicking a movie while browsing your library, or are you clicking from the movie information dialog? The skin has both script.embuary.helper and plugin.video.themoviedb.helper as requirements now.  You can download script.embuary.helper from the Kodi repo, and plugin.video.themoviedb.helper from jurialmunkey's GitHub.

Both scripts are needed for full skin functionality.  

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @treboR2Robert, I understand how some users, like you, would not be interested in functionality provided by embuary helper or tmdb helper.  I am working on changes so that neither is required anymore; the skin will just not have the full functionality.  I expect to finish this change in the next couple of days and publish to GitHub. 

Hi Bart sorry for the late reply.

It pops up after I click on a movie from the shelves on the homepage and also after i click a movie browsing through the library.
Sometimes it is delayed and it pops up 10 seconds or so after i have started playing the movie.

Yes it would be nice if it was not a requirement to have embuary helper and tvdb helper plugins becoz as you said users using plexkodiconnect do not need them. (i don't think anyway)

One other thing that pops up when I am creating shelves is "you must download an add-on, autocompletion for virtual keyboard" i always click no because i want to keep plugins to a minimum. Its not such a big deal becoz it is only when i am setting up, but still a little annoying.

Thanks again
***EDITED***

I found that my version of amber was the outdated version "3.2.23" from the kodi repo.

So I cloned (downloaded as a zip file) 3.2.45 from github and tried installing that from a usb stick, but a dialogue pops up and disappears quite quickly saying something about

THE DEPENDENCY ON PLUGIN.VIDEO.THEMOVIEDB.HELPER VERSION 2.2.15 COULD NOT BE SATISFIED

So in amber settings I clicked the tmdb dependency and installed it which installed version "2.0.18"  (I also installed embuary helper while i was there).

I tried updating amber again and got the same message. ( THE DEPENDENCY ON PLUGIN.VIDEO.THEMOVIEDB.HELPER VERSION 2.2.15 COULD NOT BE SATISFIED )

I then downloaded your amber repository and tried updating amber to "3.2.37" and i get the same message again.

Ive looked at a few repos and don't see version "2.2.15" anywhere.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Perhaps I should of just waited until you modded amber so that tmdb and embuary helper was no longer necessary.

***EDITED***
And just a suggestion but maybe this post from the beta conversation could be pinned somewhere at the start of this thread maybe ?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2866121
(2020-02-22, 00:19)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 01:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-18, 23:29)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart, 

you have integrated the option for show audio and subtitle info. can you add a option to choose for show the movie info (story) for hide this. when we open the movie information, the story can read. 
with them you can make the cover bigger.
if you will do this, make this not only in media views. the media view have not much lines and this is nice to present this skin for freiends, but not good for looking for a movie with so a small list.

if you open for a new view, we need a view compare the media views with tall list.

when kodi is updating there is on top a field with the information update libary or welcome etc. is it possible to make a option for deaktivate this?

to the EPG: you don´t know how you can insert the channel groups in the sub menu. Why are the channel groups in the EPG view? You can choose the channel groups in the side menü.  

kind regars

@Grinario, I apologize, but I am not quite understanding what you are asking. Could you show me with screenshots what you mean?

As for the Kodi notifications, do you mean the one that shows up when your library is updating? If so, you can turn off that notification in Kodi settings, in the Media Settings if I am not mistaken.

Finally, for the channel groups, I apologize, I just have not had time to create an option to either include them or not in the EPG. I will get to it in time. For what it is worth, I like having them in the EPG.

Regards,

Bart  

Hello Bart,

i think for hide the movie information. The Movie information can be readed when we go in the movie single view.

Thank you for your help. you are right. the notification can deactivatet in the kodi setting. I was blind and don´t see this option anytime :-) 
@Grinario, I will add an option to hide the info panel on list views.  Hopefully I will provide the update next week.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-02-28, 19:18)treboR2Robert Wrote: ***EDITED***

I found that my version of amber was the outdated version "3.2.23" from the kodi repo.

So I cloned (downloaded as a zip file) 3.2.45 from github and tried installing that from a usb stick, but a dialogue pops up and disappears quite quickly saying something about

THE DEPENDENCY ON PLUGIN.VIDEO.THEMOVIEDB.HELPER VERSION 2.2.15 COULD NOT BE SATISFIED

So in amber settings I clicked the tmdb dependency and installed it which installed version "2.0.18"  (I also installed embuary helper while i was there).

I tried updating amber again and got the same message. ( THE DEPENDENCY ON PLUGIN.VIDEO.THEMOVIEDB.HELPER VERSION 2.2.15 COULD NOT BE SATISFIED )

I then downloaded your amber repository and tried updating amber to "3.2.37" and i get the same message again.

Ive looked at a few repos and don't see version "2.2.15" anywhere.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Perhaps I should of just waited until you modded amber so that tmdb and embuary helper was no longer necessary.

***EDITED***
@treboR2Robert , the skin, as it is now in GitHub, requires plugin.video.themoviedb.helper version 2.2.15 or higher.  As I mentioned before, you either can download from jurialmunkey's GitHub (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...edb.helper) or use his repo, which is also in his GitHub (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/repository.jurialmunkey).

Hopefully next week I will upload to GitHub a new version of Amber that does not require embuary helper or tmdb helper.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-02-22, 00:54)Grinario Wrote: i will come back to the optimizing shelf:-)

is it possible to add in the bottom line from the shelfes shot cuts or libary nodes for faster navigation?
The secont option is to show the played contend in the free area the shelfes above. THer is more space for show the contend with Logo and the second step is to implementated buttons for touch screens (stop, next, fullscreen ...)

- I´m not sure, but is it possilble, the option in skin setting "show watched contend in shelves" it has no funkction. if i have turn this on or off, all times is hide the showed contend
- Only for info: The option use global search is two times in the skin settings displayd :-)
@Grinario , thanks for the ideas! I think it would be a substantial re-write to add that bottom customizable extra row.  I will not be taking that on, sorry.

As for the watched content in shelves, the option only applies to the recently added movies/episodes default shelves, not any others.

And finally, thanks for letting me know about Global Search being twice in skin settings, I will fix that.

Regards,

Bart
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5