• 9(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-03-29, 01:04)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: @spudstuff , thanks! Yes, my next two priorities are Up Next and GlobalSearch. Smile

Regards,

Bart 

Sweet mate. Looks like you're using tabs in your editor, the existing skin uses 2 spaces it looks like. No big deal, just clean code  Smile 
@spudstuff , I use Notepad++ to code, and use one of its plugins to "pretty print" the code, which uses 4 spaces as the indent level (my preference for XML also).  I will look in Notepad++ setting to not have it add tabs, since I don't really like using them, and I like clean code! Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-29, 01:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 01:04)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: @spudstuff , thanks! Yes, my next two priorities are Up Next and GlobalSearch. Smile

Regards,

Bart 

Sweet mate. Looks like you're using tabs in your editor, the existing skin uses 2 spaces it looks like. No big deal, just clean code  Smile  
@spudstuff , I use Notepad++ to code, and use one of its plugins to "pretty print" the code, which uses 4 spaces as the indent level (my preference for XML also).  I will look in Notepad++ setting to not have it add tabs, since I don't really like using them, and I like clean code! Smile

Regards,

Bart 
Me too - Settings -> Preferences -> Language -> Tab Settings -> xml -> Replace by space.
(2019-03-29, 01:09)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 01:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 01:04)spudstuff Wrote: Sweet mate. Looks like you're using tabs in your editor, the existing skin uses 2 spaces it looks like. No big deal, just clean code  Smile  

Regards,

Bart 
Me too - Settings -> Preferences -> Language -> Tab Settings -> xml -> Replace by space.
Thanks!
(2019-03-28, 22:38)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 15:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 09:37)DarrenHill Wrote: All looking good to me.

In list view there's a slightly odd jump when you initially scroll down from the top ".." item down to stuff in the list (the image/image placeholder jumps left to make space for the info in the middle) which I don't recall before, but it's just an observation rather than anything I think needs any work or fixing.

All in all top job.  
Thanks! Yes, the odd jump is there as it changes from no content to movies, etc.  I will see if I can make that disappear.

Regards,

Bart 

@DarrenHill , could you please try the latest from Git? I think I got rid of that weird jump.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano - just grabbed and updated, and it still looks to be doing it. I'm using list view, and the first time you enter you're at the top .. level without any metadata to be displayed between the art and the list, which makes the list move to the right (to the centre of the screen). Once you scroll down to an entry it shifts to the right and the metadata appears in the middle, and if you go back up again the list stays on the right hand side with a gap now in the middle.

As I said before it's nothing more than cosmetic and not worthy of great efforts, just wanted to flag it up as you were working on the update still.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-29, 21:38)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 22:38)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 15:06)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks! Yes, the odd jump is there as it changes from no content to movies, etc.  I will see if I can make that disappear.

Regards,

Bart 

@DarrenHill , could you please try the latest from Git? I think I got rid of that weird jump.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  

@bsoriano - just grabbed and updated, and it still looks to be doing it. I'm using list view, and the first time you enter you're at the top .. level without any metadata to be displayed between the art and the list, which makes the list move to the right (to the centre of the screen). Once you scroll down to an entry it shifts to the right and the metadata appears in the middle, and if you go back up again the list stays on the right hand side with a gap now in the middle.

As I said before it's nothing more than cosmetic and not worthy of great efforts, just wanted to flag it up as you were working on the update still.  
@DarrenHill , you are correct.  I removed the code that i think fixes the jump since I thought it was the culprit for the issue reported in Low List.  It turns out it was not, but I forgot to re-add the code.  I will do so later today, I'll edit this post when I have done so.  Thanks for reminding me!

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Pushed some changes to Git.  It seems the weird jump is fixed in some scenarios, but not others.  I have not been able to figure out why yet.  Since this is more on the cosmetic side, I will leave it as is for now.
@bsoriano - Feature Request: Episode Next Airing Date when you're are on the TV show banner as it does in Aeon MQ and other skins.

Hopefully you can see it at the top in the image I attached. The IMDB ratings are running so there is an overlay covering it a bit.

Cheers!

Shedrock
(2019-03-30, 01:41)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Feature Request: Episode Next Airing Date when you're are on the TV show banner as it does in Aeon MQ and other skins.

Hopefully you can see it at the top in the image I attached. The IMDB ratings are running so there is an overlay covering it a bit.

Cheers!

Shedrock

@shedrock, you mean add the date to the episode title on the shelf top for the Next Airing Episodes shelf? Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-30, 01:51)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 01:41)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Feature Request: Episode Next Airing Date when you're are on the TV show banner as it does in Aeon MQ and other skins.

Cheers!

Shedrock

@shedrock, you mean add the date to the episode title on the shelf top for the Next Airing Episodes shelf? Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Sorry I didn't explain myself correctly. Exactly how it is in that image I attached. That's the banner view I use, and you can see it at the top. I think it's available in other views as well on other skins, but I was just showing you on the view I use.
This might not be a skin thing but one thing that I'd love to be able to do is increase the number of movies/episodes viewable in the 'recently added' view. I think the max is 25 but I'd love to increase it to 50. Is this something configurable in the skin? Or is there a setting somewhere else?
There seems to be a bit of a problem also with lists in add-ons. There's overwriting of metadata with the main list, for example from the iPlayer add-on (tested under Windows and LibreElec):

|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-30, 15:46)DarrenHill Wrote: There seems to be a bit of a problem also with lists in add-ons. There's overwriting of metadata with the main list, for example from the iPlayer add-on (tested under Windows and LibreElec):

@DarrenHill , I honestly had not tested with those addons.  I think I fixed the issue, and I think I finally got rid of the weird jump.  Please download latest from GitHub, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-30, 12:39)Billy Wrote: This might not be a skin thing but one thing that I'd love to be able to do is increase the number of movies/episodes viewable in the 'recently added' view. I think the max is 25 but I'd love to increase it to 50. Is this something configurable in the skin? Or is there a setting somewhere else?
@Billy , you are correct, it is not a skin thing.  You can change this in the advancedsettings.xml file.  Look in the Kodi wiki: https://kodi.wiki/?title=Advancedsetting...deolibrary

Keep in mind, if you do not already have an advancedsettings.xml file in your userdata folder, you will have to create it, as this is not created by default by Kodi.

Also, while you will be able to increase the number of recentlyadded items, in Amber, in the shelves, the maximum number of items is set to 20.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-30, 02:24)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 01:51)bsoriano Wrote:

Cheers!

Shedrock

Regards,

Bart  
Sorry I didn't explain myself correctly. Exactly how it is in that image I attached. That's the banner view I use, and you can see it at the top. I think it's available in other views as well on other skins, but I was just showing you on the view I use. 
@shedrock , while I am not skilled enough to create an entirely new view, what I did is add the next episode info for tv shows in all of Amber's views.  Please download the latest from GitHub and test this, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-31, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 02:24)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 01:51)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, you mean add the date to the episode title on the shelf top for the Next Airing Episodes shelf? Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
@shedrock , while I am not skilled enough to create an entirely new view, what I did is add the next episode info for tv shows in all of Amber's views.  Please download the latest from GitHub and test this, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Hi Bart,

That's exactly what I meant. Thank you so much for that. You just made my wife so happy. Big Grin

Shedrock
(2019-03-31, 01:56)bsoriano Wrote: @DarrenHill , I honestly had not tested with those addons.  I think I fixed the issue, and I think I finally got rid of the weird jump.  Please download latest from GitHub, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano - almost perfect Smile The list is where it should be now. And no need to apologise. No expectation for testing with every addon and scenario - that's our job as users/testers Wink

Only one very minor thing - for larger show titles that spread across two lines, the top is getting slightly cut off and I think the right hand side may be as well (I'm guessing below it should say - 3 episodes available, based on my previous screenshot):

It needs repositioning or the element resizing I think, then all will be exactly perfect. A little nitpick I know, but I guess we may as well get it as good as possible.

Thanks again for all the excellent work.

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5