• 15(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-04-11, 23:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 23:22)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote: I already added the changes to the pull request.  Now let's hope it passes the human review, since there are two commits!  I am doing this through SmartGit for Windows and am not too knowledgeable.

Thanks again @spudstuff and @DarrenHill .

Regards,

Bart 

FYI they want only one commit per pull request (and you now have two). I think you will still have to follow the process on the wiki unfortunately.

Cheers.  
@spudstuff , should I delete the PR then and resubmit a new one? 

I suppose that's one option since no-one has manually reviewed it yet. But the link at https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_a_p..._on_GitHub shows a way to update the PR into a single commit.

Cheers.
(2019-04-11, 23:25)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 23:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 23:22)spudstuff Wrote: FYI they want only one commit per pull request (and you now have two). I think you will still have to follow the process on the wiki unfortunately.

Cheers.  
@spudstuff , should I delete the PR then and resubmit a new one?  

I suppose that's one option since no-one has manually reviewed it yet. But the link at https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_a_p..._on_GitHub shows a way to update the PR into a single commit.

Cheers. 
I closed the PR and opened a new one with just one commit.

Regards,

Bart
How does one change the order of things, I noticed with the last update that some things are in different places. Now I find addons and pictures  in different places. It most likely I enabled something to do this.

Thanks for all your hard work.
(2019-04-12, 00:37)timmins Wrote: How does one change the order of things, I noticed with the last update that some things are in different places. Now I find addons and pictures  in different places. It most likely I enabled something to do this.

Thanks for all your hard work.
@timmins, you did not do anything on your end.  I changed the order of the menu options.  Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible for you the users to change the order of the menu options.  Once I rewrite the menu system using skinshortcuts, you will be able to decide and change the order yourself. 

Regards,

Bart
thanks for taking up the dev for this one.its been my fave skin since kodi 13.
i just loaded kodi 18 and got your version installed today.
i do notice when you setup custom menus (empty > enabled) you cant change the background image. controller wont go there. i can change path and name only, but remote wont move down to single/multi/skin default
(2019-04-13, 22:40)drizzt09 Wrote: thanks for taking up the dev for this one.its been my fave skin since kodi 13.
i do notice when you setup custom menus (empty > enabled) you cant change the background image. controller wont go there. i can change path and name only, but remote wont move down to single/multi/skin default

@drizzt09, thanks for your feedback! I will into this issue right away.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart, was browsing through a debug log for my HTPC for an unrelated issue while using this skin (Kodi keeps flat-out crashing on video playback start) and saw this in the debug log:
Code:
2019-04-13 22:28:33.734 T:8588  NOTICE:   load skin from: D:\Kodi Media Center\portable_data\addons\skin.amber (version: 3.1.3)
2019-04-13 22:28:34.294 T:8588 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"

Dan / Gib.
(2019-04-13, 22:40)drizzt09 Wrote: thanks for taking up the dev for this one.its been my fave skin since kodi 13.
@drizzt09 , it is now fixed on Git.  Please download, test, and let me know if you find any more issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-14, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote:
@drizzt09 , it is now fixed on Git.  Please download, test, and let me know if you find any more issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Question. Is this going to wipe out current settings? I customize my includes.xml file for sub menus
(2019-04-14, 01:31)drizzt09 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 
Question. Is this going to wipe out current settings? I customize my includes.xml file for sub menus 
Yes, it will. Make a backup of your files first.

Shedrock

Regards,

Bart 
@drizzt09 , @shedrock is correct if you download the very latest version from Git, as I did modify includes.xml.  However, the commit to just fix the navigation error you pointed out only modifies skinsettings.xml.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-14, 00:02)gibxxi Wrote: Hi Bart, was browsing through a debug log for my HTPC for an unrelated issue while using this skin (Kodi keeps flat-out crashing on video playback start) and saw this in the debug log:
Code:
2019-04-13 22:28:33.734 T:8588  NOTICE:   load skin from: D:\Kodi Media Center\portable_data\addons\skin.amber (version: 3.1.3)
2019-04-13 22:28:34.294 T:8588 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"

Dan / Gib. 
Hello @gibxxi , I have seen those with other skins too, I don't think that is affecting your issue.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-14, 04:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote: @drizzt09 , it is now fixed on Git.  Please download, test, and let me know if you find any more issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
@drizzt09 , @shedrock is correct if you download the very latest version from Git, as I did modify includes.xml.  However, the commit to just fix the navigation error you pointed out only modifies skinsettings.xml.

Regards,

Bart
Ok I'll grab just that file then... Tomorrow. Too intoxicated now being angry at terrible officiating.
(2019-04-14, 04:26)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 00:02)gibxxi Wrote: Hi Bart, was browsing through a debug log for my HTPC for an unrelated issue while using this skin (Kodi keeps flat-out crashing on video playback start) and saw this in the debug log:
Code:

Dan / Gib.   
Hello @gibxxi , I have seen those with other skins too, I don't think that is affecting your issue.

Regards,

Bart  

Hi Bart,

I didn't say it was m8. I just saw the entries while attempting to diagnose the other issue, and thought you might want to know. If this isn't skin specific, so much the better.

Smile

Dan / Gib.

P.S: Nice work BTW, I've always liked Amber.
(2019-04-14, 13:50)gibxxi Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 04:26)bsoriano Wrote:
Code:

Dan / Gib.   

Regards,

Bart  

Hi Bart,

I didn't say it was m8. I just saw the entries while attempting to diagnose the other issue, and thought you might want to know. If this isn't skin specific, so much the better.

Smile

Dan / Gib.

P.S: Nice work BTW, I've always liked Amber.

Thanks Dan! I am sorry I came across as defensive. I think that Leia changed somehow what the settings structure should be for addons in general, but most, including skins, don't follow that structure well. I need to look at this further. Kodi reads the old structure with no issues, except the warnings in the log.

Regards,

Bart
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5