• 27(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
No problem - it's already done from my side.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-05-09, 17:48)bsoriano Wrote: @DarrenHill , I will be submitting an update of Amber to the Kodi repo.  Unfortunately, that means I will have to remove the custom keymap and the python script that copies it, as neither can be included with skins in the Kodi repo.  Please save your custom keymap! It will no longer show up on Git or the Amber repo after today.

Regards,

Bart
Not being an expert, what is a custom keymap ?
Will we still have Amber updates on Amber's repository ?
(2019-05-09, 18:11)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-05-09, 17:48)bsoriano Wrote: @DarrenHill , I will be submitting an update of Amber to the Kodi repo.  Unfortunately, that means I will have to remove the custom keymap and the python script that copies it, as neither can be included with skins in the Kodi repo.  Please save your custom keymap! It will no longer show up on Git or the Amber repo after today.

Regards,

Bart
Not being an expert, what is a custom keymap ?
Will we still have Amber updates on Amber's repository ? 
@Cyberdom , a custom keymap is a file that, when present in the userdata/keymaps folder of your Kodi installation, allows you to remap (give different functions) to keys or key combinations when you are using Kodi.

For Amber, I included a custom keymap (that @DarrenHill very kindly provided and tested) that allows for getting to the sideblade (view settings, etc.) using mouse and/or touch gestures.  Unfortunately, this type of file cannot be included in a skin that is submitted to the Kodi repo.  The reasons are valid and understandable. 

The option is still in Amber Settings to enable touch/mouse buttons, just not with a custom keymap.

And yes, I will continue to provide Amber updates on Amber's repo.  Like I mentioned before, the next one will take a few weeks, since I want to have the rewritten menu system as my next real update.  

Version 3.1.17 is in the Amber repo now.  That version removes the custom keymap, and fixes some minor issues that were found when submitting the update to the Kodi repo.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for the clarification.

This is the gen.xml and gen.xml.old files ?

On my side, I use Kodi especially with the remote control of my TV or the Yatse app on my phone.
Without this custom keymap, will I still have access to the view settings by pressing left or up with the remote control or the Yatse app ?
gen.xml is the custom keymap generated by the keymap editor add-on.

Even if the repo update doesn't include the keymap, any keymap that is already in place (such as yours) won't be touched or removed. It just means that a new install via the official repo won't add it (the Amber.xml keymap file).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-05-09, 19:14)DarrenHill Wrote: gen.xml is the custom keymap generated by the keymap editor add-on.

Even if the repo update doesn't include the keymap, any keymap that is already in place (such as yours) won't be touched or removed. It just means that a new install via the official repo won't add it (the Amber.xml keymap file).
@DarrenHill , thanks for the explanation! I did not know what gen.xml was.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-05-09, 19:14)DarrenHill Wrote: gen.xml is the custom keymap generated by the keymap editor add-on.

Indeed, I use the add-on keymap editor to use the keys of the remote control of my TV through the CEC. Thank you for the clarification.

My Amber skin has been updated to version 3.1.17 and everything seems to work properly.
Hello all,

Amber 3.1.17 is now in the Kodi repo as well.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

Just wanted to post some updates on the rewrite of the menu system with skinshortcuts.  As of right now, you can totally customize the menu and submenus, meaning adding, moving, deleting, renaming any menu option, as well as having an unlimited number of menu items.  You can disable menu options without deleting them, and you can choose a single image or multi-image for the background for each menu option.  You can also choose fanart from a video playlist as a multi-image background.

Also, since you can reorder the menu however you like, you can choose what menu option the skin starts in (it just needs to be the third menu option).

With these changes it is no longer necessary to have skin settings to enable/disable each menu option.  Also, if you want to go back to the default menu/submenu, you can do so as well.

My next big task is doing the shelves (widgets) with skinshortcuts.  This, for me is the most difficult.  It still might be a couple of weeks before I can actually get this done.

Given the difficulty, I have a question for you:

Would you be willing to trade having up to six shelves as we have right now for having up to two (the two could be shown at the same time, kind of like the Jarvis shelves), but totally customizable, like the menu/submenu?  Please let me know your thoughts on this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Quote:Would you be willing to trade having up to six shelves as we have right now for having up to two (the two could be shown at the same time, kind of like the Jarvis shelves), but totally customizable, like the menu/submenu?  Please let me know your thoughts on this.  Thanks.
Yes, most definitely.

Thanks for ALL this hard work you are putting into this skin. Please know that it's greatly appreciated.

Shedrock
(2019-05-11, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: As of right now, you can totally customize the menu and submenus, meaning adding, moving, deleting, renaming any menu option, as well as having an unlimited number of menu items.

I'm very much looking forward to that! I removed many of the submenus that I never use by cloning your github and editing Includes.xml. Every time I rebase your changes in master, some patches don't apply cleanly and I have to resolve conflicts manually... Smile
When your 'skinshortcuts' branch is ready for testing, give us a shout.
(2019-05-11, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: Would you be willing to trade having up to six shelves as we have right now for having up to two (the two could be shown at the same time, kind of like the Jarvis shelves), but totally customizable, like the menu/submenu?  Please let me know your thoughts on this.  Thanks.

I could live with that.
The only menu where it might be a bit awkward is for 'Addons'. Here it really makes sense to have the shelves separate for the sub-categories (audio, video, programs...).
OTOH, as the shelves will be totally customizable, people are finally able to remove unneeded stuff from there and can mix addon categories to only see what they really need.

This is all very exciting. You're going from just updating Amber to work with Kodi 18.x to adding massively useful features!
Thanks, Bart!

Interested in a free, open source OS?
Get Haiku at https://www.haiku-os.org
Thank you @bsoriano for your work on this skin.

(2019-05-11, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: You can disable menu options without deleting them, and you can choose a single image or multi-image for the background for each menu option.  You can also choose fanart from a video playlist as a multi-image background.
I do not know if it's possible, but I would like to have an option to scroll all the fanarts automatically for the background of the movies and TV Shows menus.
It would also be nice to move the shelf up or down.

(2019-05-11, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: Would you be willing to trade having up to six shelves as we have right now for having up to two (the two could be shown at the same time, kind of like the Jarvis shelves), but totally customizable, like the menu/submenu? Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks.
I don't know, we should see what happens on a screenshot.
Just a suggestion.
End of DialogSeekBar.xml. If you Edit like this, you will get more information during PAUSE (series name, episode name, season, episode number etc).
One thing I can't figure out, how to get s01e01 instead of s1e1, maybe someone can help.

https://pastebin.com/p4HtRVuR

Bonus BUG report, on the right side "Remaining" it was "Hátralévő idő" a few weeks ago, everything is hugnarian here except this, no idea why.

Picture for Pause screen and for the language bug, SZÜNET/PAUSE is yellow in the code, changed after screenshot):
@Merwenus - the syntax tag might be better for such short code snippets (use a pastebin site for longer ones).

Just use [ syntax=xml ] [ /syntax ] (without the spaces) in the case of xml snippets. Or failing that the [ code ] [ /code ] tags again may be useful to know. Inline is meant for just that, single lines within normal text.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-05-12, 22:04)DarrenHill Wrote: @Merwenus - the syntax tag might be better for such short code snippets (use a pastebin site for longer ones).

Just use [ syntax=xml ] [ /syntax ] (without the spaces) in the case of xml snippets. Or failing that the [ code ] [ /code ] tags again may be useful to know. Inline is meant for just that, single lines within normal text.

Thanks for the tip, but it is missing color highlight in the code (without dot) :\
<label>[C.OLOR=Highlight]$VAR[SeekLabel][/C.OLOR]</label>

edit.: nvm, put it on pastebin.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5