• 188(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-04-15, 17:59)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 17:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 17:00)billyrene Wrote: thanks for fixing those. the colored icons look great, thanks so much for them.

just one more thing if i may. in low list view on the bottom it still looks a little crowded. the flags are still rather close to genre. maybe you can lower the media flags a little bit more as there is still plenty of room underneath till the end of the screen

@billyrene , fair enough.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? This is how they look now for low list:

Please let me know if this is closer to what you were expecting.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
AWESOME Cool
@billyrene , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-14, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-14, 17:14)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-04-14, 14:55)Tiny Clanger Wrote: I have my movie library set to show using the Big Panel viewtype. When I go into a movieset, it shows in the List viewtype.

If I change a collection to the Big Panel viewtype, it changes the viewtype for that movieset only, meaning I have to do that for every movieset, present and future.

Is there a way to set the default movieset viewtype for Amber, so that I can set it once and never have to touch it again? Failing that, is there an easy way to set the viewtype for every movieset at once?
Yes, go to skin settings/Media Views/Use new media Views selector.
@jdig4240 , thanks! 

@Tiny Clanger , that is correct.  The best way in Amber is to enable the new media views selector.  With that, you can specify which view type you would like for each media type, and even for each addon.  It is important to note that for the new media views selector to function, you need a recent version of the addon script.skinvariables.  Please download it using the addon author's repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...ey-2.0.zip

Please let me know if you were able to do what you wanted to do.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

This option is great. Whats even better is that you can still override the views selector on a per addon basis, for those addons that might be poorly coded to use Movies view as a listing view. A++
(2021-04-15, 19:34)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-04-14, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-14, 17:14)jdig4240 Wrote: Yes, go to skin settings/Media Views/Use new media Views selector.
@jdig4240 , thanks! 

@Tiny Clanger , that is correct.  The best way in Amber is to enable the new media views selector.  With that, you can specify which view type you would like for each media type, and even for each addon.  It is important to note that for the new media views selector to function, you need a recent version of the addon script.skinvariables.  Please download it using the addon author's repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...ey-2.0.zip

Please let me know if you were able to do what you wanted to do.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

This option is great. Whats even better is that you can still override the views selector on a per addon basis, for those addons that might be poorly coded to use Movies view as a listing view. A++
@jdig4240 , thanks! All the credit goes to @jurialmunkey , who wrote the addon and provided guidance on implementing it in the skin.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hello all,

I have uploaded version 3.4.15 of Amber to the Amber for Matrix repo.  As previously stated, all new functionality will be coded for Matrix, and Leia will only receive bug fixes.  I am splitting the announcement of this new version in two posts, so as not to exceed the number of images allowed in a single post.

The highlights of this version are:

1.  Implementation of Bottom Shortcuts.  Thank you to @jdig4240 for asking for this feature.  Bottom shortcuts are a row of shortcuts that you can add to each meanu item.  The shortcuts function as the "Custom" shelves, in which you can add to them anything that can be added as a menu/sbumenu item.  When enabled and configured, they look something like this:

The bottom shortcuts are only available for the horizontal menu, and as you can see the main menu is positioned higher to make room for the shortcuts.  The shelves will resize and reposition automatically when bottom shortcuts are enabled.  The same goes for the now Playing information.

You enable them globally first, using a new setting that can be found here:

As you can see from the above screenshot, you can also enable having a dark background behind the shortcuts, to make the text more readable.  You can notice this dark background in the first screenshot in this post.

Then, in the menu configuration dialog, you activate that you want to show bottom shortcuts for a menu item, like so:

When you do, you can then select the "Customize Bottom Shortcuts" option to configure what will appear in the bottom shortcuts for that menu item.  You configure the bottom shortcuts just like you configure the menu/submenu:

The end result is shown in the first screenshot.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

a.  You will now be able to configure only 4 Custom shelves per menu item, as the fifth is taken over by the bottom shortcuts.
b.  You need to choose the icon fo each shortcut.  If you choose an addon as a bottom shortcut (and not a section within an addon), Amber does not automatically add the addon icon as the icon for the shortcut.  I need to see if this is even possible.  If you choose a section within an addon, Kodi will usually assign the addon icon or the section icon (like the Netflix - My List in the example) as the shortcut icon.

2. Colored Media Flags.  Amber now supports colored media flags.  These flags will appear in the media views, OSD, info dialogs and search select dialogs.  You can enable them with a new setting that can be found here:

And they look like this:

Big thanks to @Mr. V for allowing me to use the colored flags from Madnox, and to @Input1963 for asking for this feature.

3.  Option to show the Video Info Dialog from the Video OSD.  There is a new setting in Amber that enables showing the full video info dialog from the video OSD, when you press the "i" button in the OSD (not the "i" key, but the actual button in the OSD).  You can find the new setting here:

As you can see from the above, you can also choose to pause the playing video while the info dialog is active.

When you select the "i" button on the osd while the setting is enabled,

you get the same video info dialog as you would in the media views or shelves:

Some notes on this info dialog:

a.  There is no Play/Browse button, as you are already playing a video.
b.  You cannot change art from this info dialog.
c. This only works for library items (media that is in your Kodi video database)
d.  You need the addon service.library.data.provider for this to work.  This addon is in the Kodi Matrix repo.  If you currently do not have it installed, you can do so from the "Manage Dependencies" section of the Amber settings.

The other couple of important highlights from this version will be shown in the next post.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello all,

This is the second post on the highlights of version 3.4.15 of Amber for Matrix.

4.  Option to Disable Lyrics.  Amber now offers the option to disable lyrics, even if you have a lyrics addon configured.  You can find the new setting here:

This now allows you to hide lyrics in much the same way that you activate it for a song.  You will find a new toggle in the music OSD:

As you might imagine, if you deselect this toggle, the lyrics will stop showing if they were showing.

5.  Option to show End Time in media views and shelves.  Amber can now show the end time for an item, in the media views and in shelves.  You can find the new setting here:

(My apologies for the screenshot, the new setting should have been highlighted).

It looks like this in media views:

And in shelves:

As usual, there are also many other miscellaneous fixes.

Please test thoroughly and let me know of any issues you find.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-15, 13:21)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 02:22)stuckinthehome Wrote:
(2021-04-14, 12:26)bsoriano Wrote: @stuckinthehome, thanks.  Unfortunately, I cannot discern anything from this, since the Kodi log part is incomplete.  Please provide a complete Kodi debug log. Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the help. See debug log at the following link

https://pastebin.com/70drqsby
@stuckinthehome, that link is not valid anymore.

Regards,

Bart
Not sure what pastebin is doing. Anyhow, https://zerobin.net/?4af26c474d796990#X7...ltHEuU4M+Q=
(2021-04-15, 21:45)stuckinthehome Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 13:21)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 02:22)stuckinthehome Wrote: Thanks for the help. See debug log at the following link

https://pastebin.com/70drqsby
@stuckinthehome, that link is not valid anymore.

Regards,

Bart
Not sure what pastebin is doing. Anyhow, https://zerobin.net/?4af26c474d796990#X7...ltHEuU4M+Q=
@stuckinthehome , thanks, now that link worked.  I did not see any errors in your log.  Can you please try using another skin that uses script.skinshortcuts for menu configuration, like Aeon Nox Silvo, or Arctic Horizon? skinshortcuts is the only addon that Amber would bring into the mix that you would not have running in your system already.  Estuary, which you mention does not cause a crash, does not use skinshortcuts for menu configuration.  That is the only thing I can think of at this time.

Unfortunately, I do not have an environment like yours to test in, and I am not seeing an issue like that in Windows, or LibreELEC (which I run in a VM).

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-15, 21:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 21:45)stuckinthehome Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 13:21)bsoriano Wrote: @stuckinthehome, that link is not valid anymore.

Regards,

Bart
@stuckinthehome , thanks, now that link worked.  I did not see any errors in your log.  Can you please try using another skin that uses script.skinshortcuts for menu configuration, like Aeon Nox Silvo, or Arctic Horizon? skinshortcuts is the only addon that Amber would bring into the mix that you would not have running in your system already.  Estuary, which you mention does not cause a crash, does not use skinshortcuts for menu configuration.  That is the only thing I can think of at this time.

Unfortunately, I do not have an environment like yours to test in, and I am not seeing an issue like that in Windows, or LibreELEC (which I run in a VM).

Regards,

Bart
I tried Aeon Nox Silvo and it didn't crash. I switched to Amber and then exited and it crashed.
(2021-04-15, 23:55)stuckinthehome Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 21:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 21:45)stuckinthehome Wrote: Not sure what pastebin is doing. Anyhow, https://zerobin.net/?4af26c474d796990#X7...ltHEuU4M+Q=

Regards,

Bart
I tried Aeon Nox Silvo and it didn't crash. I switched to Amber and then exited and it crashed.
@stuckinthehome , thanks for that additional feedback.  Unfortunately, I do not think I can help further, as I do not have a similar environment to test and I am not experiencing this issue.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello all,

I realize that there are still a lot of you who have not made the switch to Matrix yet.  Given this, I have uploaded version 3.2.130 of Amber for Leia to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia.  This version includes all of the new features/fixes that I have done to the Matrix version.  Please refer to my earlier posts today (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3030909 and https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3030911) for highlights of the changes.

Since there are a lot of changes, please test thoroughly and let me know of any issues you find.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
found a couple of more things regarding the new colored media flags

if you have the "show only local info" enabled and get the info popup on an actor the media flags are working now

but when you highlight "cancel" the video resolution and the audio codec disappears and the video codec changes to "webdl" no matter what codec it was

if you have the "show only local info" disabled and get info on an actor the media flags are cut off at the bottom

Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
(2021-04-16, 06:33)billyrene Wrote: found a couple of more things regarding the new colored media flags

if you have the "show only local info" enabled and get the info popup on an actor the media flags are working now

but when you highlight "cancel" the video resolution and the audio codec disappears and the video codec changes to "webdl" no matter what codec it was

if you have the "show only local info" disabled and get info on an actor the media flags are cut off at the bottom

@billyrene, thanks for reporting these! I will fix them today.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Had a couple questions/requests.  Just started using Amber and am really liking it.  Well done.  Is there a setting to hide the sub menus?  If not, possible?  Also, is there a way to change the number of items shown on a shelf (widget?).  I would like to lower the number to four or five.  Same question for the days shown on the weather shelf.  Thanks for your work on this!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2021-04-16, 15:23)bobrap Wrote: Had a couple questions/requests.  Just started using Amber and am really liking it.  Well done.  Is there a setting to hide the sub menus?  If not, possible?  Also, is there a way to change the number of items shown on a shelf (widget?).  I would like to lower the number to four or five.  Same question for the days shown on the weather shelf.  Thanks for your work on this!
@bobrap , thanks for your kind words.  Are you on Leia or Matrix? 

As to your requests:

1. There is no setting to hide the submenus at this time.  How do you envision this? Sub menus not visible, but when you press Down from the main menu they do appear so you can use them? Or not having any submenus at all? if the first, I can work on that.  If the second, then you can just disable all of the submenu entries for each main menu item and they will not show up (and will not be usable).

2. You can change the number of items for all dynamic content widgets.  I do provide some preset options for this.  You can see an example of this below:

I can provide more options, if needed.  So you would like to have the option of just 5 items? Please confirm.

In terms of static widgets, like weather, there is no option to show less or more than what I have coded, since they do not have a content tag that I can set a limit to.  I could add a "short weather" widget that only shows 4 days or 5 days.  Which of the two would you prefer? 4 days or 5 days? Again, it would be static so you would not be able to change the number of days.

Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@bobrap , could you please try the latest from GitHub (Matrix)? I added what I think you were looking for:

1. New setting to only show submenu when focused.  The new settign is here:

With this setting enabled, them main menu looks like this:

And when you press Down from the main menu, the submenu fades in:

2.  Add 5 as limit choice for dynamic shelves.  Now you can also select 5 as the item limit for dynamic shelves:

3.  Add short option to static shelves.  Now you can enable a setting for static shelves to only show 5 items.  The setting is configured per shelf, like this:

Which would result in the daily weather shelf looking like this:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5