Starting movie playback from folder instead of file
Hi,

I am running 18.1 on both Windows en LibreElec / Pi, with the Xonfluence skin.

On Windows, when I go to Video > Files and select a thumbnail, the movie starts playing
On Le / Pi, when I go to Video > Files and select a thumbnail I go into the folder and then have to select the file itself to start the movie.

I have been going thru all option screens, both from Kodi en Xonfluence. How do I get LE to have the same behaviour, ie starting the movie on clicking of the folder and not the file within the folder?
This is actually a scraper issue, inside the scraper you must toggle ' Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title'. Go to the video source, using the context menu, pick change content and set your scraper accordingly and re-scrape.
Hi,

Took a while to test.

I've tried both the Movie scraper and Universal movie scraper with the option 'Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title' enabled.

I'm using a MariaDB to sync between a couple of Kodi's. Could that be a factor? How can I troubleshoot this one?
(2019-03-25, 11:34)bartmans Wrote: I'm using a MariaDB to sync between a couple of Kodi's. Could that be a factor? How can I troubleshoot this one?
I'm unfamiliar with that program (MariaDB) but anything in between Kodi and the scrapers become suspect. It's likely that the library scrape in Kodi works out of the box; it's the sharing database with multiple systems is the likely culprit.
Hi,

MariaDB = MySQL (sort of): MySQL (wiki)

This solution has worked beautifully for many years.

When I have time I will do a full reinstall of the LibreElec / RPi instance. After many attempts (including deleting all sources and deleting Textures.db and Thumbnail directory), everything points to some corruption on the RPi.

Thanks for your reply!
(2019-03-18, 10:05)bartmans Wrote: On Windows, when I go to Video > Files and select a thumbnail, the movie starts playing
I don't know how you managed that as the whole point of files mode to to be able to navigate your folder in order to see your file, therefore selecting a folder should always open it to display the file within
(2019-03-18, 10:05)bartmans Wrote: On Le / Pi, when I go to Video > Files and select a thumbnail I go into the folder and then have to select the file itself to start the movie.
So this is actually the correct behavior.
(2019-03-18, 10:05)bartmans Wrote: I have been going thru all option screens, both from Kodi en Xonfluence. How do I get LE to have the same behaviour, ie starting the movie on clicking of the folder and not the file within the folder?
If your folders only contain a single movie file then use Play instead of select.
(2019-03-28, 14:33)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2019-03-18, 10:05)bartmans Wrote: On Windows, when I go to Video > Files and select a thumbnail, the movie starts playing
I don't know how you managed that as the whole point of files mode to to be able to navigate your folder in order to see your file, therefore selecting a folder should always open it to display the file within
(2019-03-18, 10:05)bartmans Wrote: On Le / Pi, when I go to Video > Files and select a thumbnail I go into the folder and then have to select the file itself to start the movie.
So this is actually the correct behavior.
(2019-03-18, 10:05)bartmans Wrote: I have been going thru all option screens, both from Kodi en Xonfluence. How do I get LE to have the same behaviour, ie starting the movie on clicking of the folder and not the file within the folder?
If your folders only contain a single movie file then use Play instead of select. 
Yes that makes sense now.

It's a difference on Windows, where either a mouse click or an enter is 'play' and not select. And the MCE Remote I used for the LibreElec / Pi where there is a difference between 'play' and 'select'.  I recently started using the remote that came with my Philips TV, via CEC. That has a different mapping and there is no separate play button (as it is a TV remote, not MCE / mediacenter remote). So it's not the devices that have changed, but me :-).

Will try using Keymap Editor to get the desired behaviour.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting movie playback from folder instead of file0