v18 Best economic compatible box with Kodi 18
Hi all,
at the moment I am owner of a Zidoo, Tx5Pro and Nvidia Shield.
With new feature of Kodi 18: whitelist resolutution and framerate, it's possible correct auto-switching on every content. But I can only use them correctly on Nvidia Shield; in fact in kodi I can set every possible resolution and framerate in white list otherwise than in the other two boxes.
Can I kindly ask you which recommend economic boxes that support the auto-resolution and frequency with kodi 18, indistinctly on movies and pvr, as the shield does?
Thanks in advance
Use CoreELEC Kodi on the TX5Pro.
That will give you auto switching everything out of the box.
You won't even need to whitelist anything if you turn your TV on before CE boot up.

https://coreelec.org

infinite thanks for your answer. I used libreelec but it has not been update with soc s905x. I"ll follow your suggestion with coreelec. But my question still remain: are there good boxes economical, that have better compatibility with kodi? would you suggest me some of them?
Nope.
CoreELEC Kodi or OSMC Kodi Leia on AMLogic hardware are about as compatible as you will get for auto everything (inc. HDR and auto colorspace).
Why ?
Because the developers can modify both Kodi and the Linux Kernel and drivers to properly bug bust such support for Kodi Leia.

The only Android devices with Kodi Leia - auto Refresh Switching working that I know of are:

- NVIDIA Shield
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, likely other FireTV's as well
- MINIX U9
- the old WeTek Hub / Play2
- maybe some Ugoos Android boxes

That is it. All the other cheap Android devices do not have properly working switching support in Firmware - there is nothing Kodi can do.

Thread moved to Hardware
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I bought used Minix Neo U1 for like 60€, flashed CoreELEC 9 with Kodi 18 Leia on SD card (dual boot) and everything is perfect. As my TV and receiver don't support 4K and HDR, I can't comment on that, but regular 1080p h264 and h265 (60/50/30/25/24p) staff plays smooth like butter with proper auto-switching. Also 7.1 HD-audio passthrough ( DTS HD-MA and DD TrueHD) works without any issue. I had about 5 different media players in the past (starting with Popcorn Hour 12 years ago), but nothing was really close to my current experience. Really big thanks to everyone involved with Kodi development :-)

infinite thanks for your great explanation. I"m going to looking for some device well supported from LE or CoreELe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best economic compatible box with Kodi 180