Sony TV - Android Kodi - won't play certain DVD ISO files
First, thanks for Kodi - it's (mostly) working well for me, and once I learn enough about it, should be just splendiferous!

I'm running Kodi 18.1 Leia, Android TV version, on a Sony XBR-65X900F television.
I have a 5TB drive with most of my DVDs ripped into ISO files.  All have been ripped with DVDFab; the latest were with DVDFab 11.

Kodi plays most of the DVDs just fine.  Except for Deadpool (and Deadpool 2).  It starts up, gets to the main menu, and I can play all the extras.  When I try to start the movie, it fails immediately, giving me a message to check the log file.  I'm still too much of a newbie to grok the logfile, so asking for help.

VLC on Windows 10, *does* play the DVD without problems.

I saw a mention in the forum to mount the ISO, then use ImgBurn to create a new ISO.  I did that; still no joy.

Log file IS at https://paste.kodi.tv/eceziwaqiy
That shows trying to play the ImgBurn re-ripped version first, then the original DVDFab rip.

I mounted each disk and ran MediaInfo.  (for some reason it wouldn't get details from the ISO file; I had to mount it first...)
MediaInfo data is at https://paste.kodi.tv/jagadadece
There was no difference between the original DVDFab rip and the ImgBurn rerip.

Help, please?

All the best,
Alan Weiner
Can anyone help me with this issue?

Is there any information I can supply to figure this out?
Am I doing something wrong?  (either with where/how I'm posting this request, or with Kodi itself)

It *feels* to me like a codec problem; maybe missing one or something.  I'm hesitant to just go munging around blindly - Kodi's working so well on everything else, and I don't want to mess things up.  It's a bit different being on the tv instead of my notebook; on the notebook it's easier to back things up and experiment...
(new idea!   install Kodi on the notebook, see if *it* can play Deadpool...   will do...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony TV - Android Kodi - won't play certain DVD ISO files0