Home screen customization
Esturay is a great skin! Very much enjoy the clean look.

What's missing for me is to further customize the homescreen. Particularly:

1) Separating movies and movies-3D and music and classical music

2) Widgets show categories, in progress movies, recently added movies, genres, etc. Would love to add / eliminate some and also change the ordering.

3) Recently added episodes widget on homescreen shows a clip. Would instead love to show the tvshow poster art. The clips are not attractive to look at in a main screen view.

Is this type of customization possible? And if so, can it be done via GUI without going into editing files manually?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2019-03-23, 06:23)steve1977 Wrote: Esturay is a great skin! Very much enjoy the clean look.

What's missing for me is to further customize the homescreen. Particularly:

1) Separating movies and movies-3D and music and classical music

2) Widgets show categories, in progress movies, recently added movies, genres, etc. Would love to add / eliminate some and also change the ordering.

3) Recently added episodes widget on homescreen shows a clip. Would instead love to show the tvshow poster art. The clips are not attractive to look at in a main screen view.

Is this type of customization possible? And if so, can it be done via GUI without going into editing files manually?
you should look at 306757 (thread) Esturay mod

Separating movies and movies-3D and music and classical music node editor
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Node_Editor

Would instead love to show the tvshow poster art edit home.xml
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333279

need to change WidgetListEpisodes
Thanks for your quick reply.

So, you are saying that I need to install the MOD to get it working.

And then work with library node editor to get #1 working and manually change the home.xml for #3.

#2 cannot be achieved?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Might also be of help... Custom home items (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for your help. I have installed Mod_V2 and starting to get an idea what I can do. Let me play around a bit.

One unfortunate issue that I am observing is that the widgets no longer shows movies in a reliable way. Is this a known bug or anything I can do? When I select "movies" from home screen, all works well and I get to the movie list and can see all movies. However, the widgets next to movies only show the header (e.g., random movies), but underneath show a loading circle. Same for tv shows and music. After restarting Kodi, this sometimes is not happening, but eventually this is an issue. Any thoughts?
It also gets stuck when exiting Kodi and I have to unplug my Shield to get back. I didn't have these issues with stock Estuary. Any thoughts?
(2019-03-23, 07:16)the_other_guy Wrote: Would instead love to show the tvshow poster art edit home.xml
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333279

need to change WidgetListEpisodes
 Let me clarify what I'd like to do. I'd like to show recently added episode (not recently added tvshow), but then show the poster of the respective episode.

Estuaryy_mod_v2 allows me to add a personalized widget recently added episodes and gives me the choice to select poster. However, it just gives an empty box. I assume the reason is that there is no episode poster, but only a tvshow poster?

Any thoughts how to address this? It really looks a lot nicer to me to have the tv poster show on the main menu for recently added episodes.

Thanks again!
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-file-...ndroid-tv/
you will need to change playlist
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336261
Thanks for your continued help.

The article you linked has a different objective though. It shows how to "change the recently added episodes widget to a recently added TV Shows widget" (quote: "basically the same thing but it shows the newly added shows grouped by show rather than by episode").

I actually would love to keep recently added episodes (not recently added shows) and don't like them to be grouped either. I just like to keep the current way with recently added episodes, but then instead show the tvshow poster instead of the episode screenshot. Particularly on the homescreen, the episodes clips don't look like nice and don't give me an immediate info what shows have recently added episodes.
you will need to replace the images
artwork beef  plig in and press i for info choose art to change image
you will need to type thumb and goto folder and pick poster
Thanks for your continued help. You saying I need to do this manually and then redo it every time I add a new episode? And/or requires artwork beef as I cannot do the manual change with standard Kodi?
(2019-03-23, 12:44)steve1977 Wrote: It also gets stuck when exiting Kodi and I have to unplug my Shield to get back. I didn't have these issues with stock Estuary. Any thoughts?
Yes, when Kodi hangs like that when existing on the Shield press the home button on your remote, then navigate to the settings on the top left hand side. Go down the list and select apps, then Kodi and then select 'Force Stop'. This will immediately kill your current Kodi session.

Yeah, mildly annoying that you have to do that, but on the other hand it's probably far less irritating than completely un-plugging your Shield and having to re-boot.  Smile
No doubt there other ways to force a stop, but that's what I do.
(2019-03-24, 12:52)the_other_guy Wrote: you will need to replace the images
artwork beef  plig in and press i for info choose art to change image
you will need to type thumb and goto folder and pick poster
I keep trying to have posters show for recently added TV episodes. Unfortunately, still not successful.

I tried what you suggest above. Went to "information-choose art", but then only thumb can be selected. So, this doesn't do the trick for me.

To recap: I do not want to show "recently added tvshows", but I'd like to show "recently added tvshow episodes". However, instead of the episode thumb, I'd like to see the tvposter. I selected "poster" in mod_v2, but it shows blank (or thumb if i select thumb). Somehow possible?
(2019-03-24, 03:34)the_other_guy Wrote: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-file-...ndroid-tv/
you will need to change playlist
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336261

Tried my luck, but not finding the respective xml in file manager. I have Kodi installed on Nvidia Shield TV. is this possible without rooting it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home screen customization0