18 not playing movies connected to external hard drive to router
Had to go back to 17 because I have an external hard drive hooked up to my router. I am accessing it with kodi from a pi using libreelec. Zero problems with 17. I would map it, it would access it and read it perfectly. As soon as I installed 18, it stopped working. I was able to map it adding the drive and it saw all my movies and scanned them perfectly. Then when I went to play them it would play about 3 seconds of the movie and drop. It drops every single movie it tries to read. After the 3 second tease of course. Is this a bug that has been fixed or noted? Anyone else with more info out there? Until I can fix this, I’ll stick with krypton.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2019-03-28, 03:34)Vchunkyzv Wrote: Had to go back to 17 because I have an external hard drive hooked up to my router. I am accessing it with kodi from a pi using libreelec. Zero problems with 17. I would map it, it would access it and read it perfectly. As soon as I installed 18, it stopped working. I was able to map it adding the drive and it saw all my movies and scanned them perfectly. Then when I went to play them it would play about 3 seconds of the movie and drop. It drops every single movie it tries to read. After the 3 second tease of course. Is this a bug that has been fixed or noted? Anyone else with more info out there? Until I can fix this, I’ll stick with krypton.
So you are using SMB on LibreElec to access the hard disk as source, right ?
With Leia (18.x) on Android and Linux (CoreElec) I have no issues accessing and playing movies from my two hard disks plugged to my router.
Maybe providing a log for your case would help.
How is you Pi connected to the router?  How is drive connected to the router?  Can any other devices stream video from the drive?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Thanks for the responses I will provide full log on Sunday which is my first day off.

Yes I’m using SMB to connect to the drives.

The pi’s are connected to router through Ethernet cables and the hard drives are directly plugged into router. Yes my PC can stream the movies.

Again thanks for the responses. I’m excited to try this and wish I had time to do it right away since up to this point I thought I was alone on this one. Glad to have found this forum.
I wanted to put an update on this. i figured out that the problem was with my advancedsettings.xml file, I had it like this for over a year and I'm guessing Leia didn't like it:

<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<memorysize>0</memorysize>
<readfactor>30</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

I switched it to this instead and rebooted and it worked perfectly:

<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<buffermode>2</buffermode>
<memorysize>0</memorysize>
<readfactor>30</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

posting this in case anyone else is going through the same.

and once again thanks for the responses here. Seeing the response that addressed the advancedsettings.xml file was the thing that made me go and change that in case that was the problem. Like I said, Krypton was working with this config for years and Leia didn't like it from the get go.

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
18 not playing movies connected to external hard drive to router0