Req TVHeadend Plugin - new method for streaming recordings
I would hereby like to request, what was reported as a bug in ticket #16915 - https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16915

Apparantly TVHeadend recordings viewed in the TVheadend plugin in Kodi are streamed via the API as what i read from the case notes in 32kb chunks, causing poor performance over high (more than LAN) latency links even though plenty of bandwith is available.
Please consider implementing a different way of streaming the recordings so that watching recordings can work over networks with a latency higher than LAN.
The feature requests section is for core Kodi functionality requests only, and isn't for add-on ones.

I'll move this to the TVHeadEnd section, as that's the more appropriate place for it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
You can adjust the stream read chunk size in pvr.hts addon settings, which should solve your problem.
(2019-04-01, 13:54)ksooo Wrote: You can adjust the stream read chunk size in pvr.hts addon settings, which should solve your problem.

Thanks ksooo,

That requires 4.4.16, which dictates kodi v18.
I am using osmc, which is not quite ready with the v18 image yet - i'll jump on it as soon as it's available - thanks for your assistance with pointing out this setting.
(2019-04-01, 13:54)ksooo Wrote: You can adjust the stream read chunk size in pvr.hts addon settings, which should solve your problem.

ksooo,

just  to confirm your posting. I switched to libreelec 9.0.1 yeterday evening when i got home from work, and i can confirm that setting the chunk size to 256 kb fixes the buffering issue for me.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend Plugin - new method for streaming recordings0