Nvidia Shield Pro 4K HDR HD Audio over gig LAN buffering every couple of minutes
As the title suggests I have an Nvidia Shield Pro connected to my gig LAN.  When playing 4K HDR files with HD audio hosted on a FreeNAS box I am constantly seeing what I am assuming to be a buffering ring in the middle of the screen very frequently during playback.  Generally every 5 -10 minutes during the entire playback.  Video stops playing while buffering and then continues when buffering is done.  Kodi accesses the media over SMB.  The FreeNAS box has a 10 gig connection to my lan.  I've tested playback on Kodi running on an Intel NUC plugged into the same network port and playback is flawless... only happens on the Shield.  I've attempted to increase the buffer size in the advanced xml and this had no effect on the issue.  I've uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled.  Both Kodi and the Shield are running on the lastest (NON Beta) versions.  When looking at the player process info (pressing O during playback) I can see it is being hardware decoded neither RAM or CPU are being maxed.  I'm kind of at a loss as to what to try next... or is the Shield just to capable to playing back this content?  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
Turns out in my case that all I needed to do was change from SMB to NFS.  Everything else stayed exactly the same but that change resolved the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Pro 4K HDR HD Audio over gig LAN buffering every couple of minutes0