Solved Widevine playback issue?
Hi all.  I'm having some trouble with playing certain content that used to work just fine.  The issue seems to be related to widevine, but I can't say for sure - both Kodi and widevine (and maybe some other things) recently updated and I wasn't using Kodi regularly enough to know when this problem started.  I've searched the forums here, the OSMC forums, and the internet in general, and I'm coming up empty and hoping you guys can help.

I have Kodi 18 installed on my Raspberry Pi 3B+, running OSMC.  I've installed Plex, Amazon VOD, YouTube, and Netflix.  Everything used to work great, but now none of my YouTube purchases will play and a bunch of Amazon content won't either (content which used to work just fine).  It will act like it's loading, then it will show a Play icon in the upper-right with the length of the media (00:00 in this case) and then it will give up on playing the video and return to the menu with no error messages being shown.  I haven't tested Netflix recently.  Plex is unaffected.

Here's a link to the most recent log file.  To demonstrate the issue best I rebooted the Pi, went to YouTube and tried to play The Lego Movie (which I own) - it failed to play.  I went to Amazon VOD and tried to watch a previously-viewed episode of The Amazing Race (available to all Prime accounts) - it failed too.  I rebooted again, then grabbed the kodi.old.log file.  I also grabbed the cdm .response file, which contains this:
EDEF8BA9-79D6-4ACE-A3C8-27DCD51D21ED.response Wrote:{"errorsByResource":{"Widevine2License":{"downstreamReason":"vmp_validation_required","errorCode":"PRS.Dependency.DRM.Widevine.HdContentNotAllowed.VmpValidationRequired","message":"Cannot complete request.","type":"PRSWidevine2LicenseDeniedException"}},"returnedTitleRendition":{"asin":"B006B2YVLA","audioQuality":"Stereo","audioTrackId":"all","contentId":"25463661300","selectedEntitlement":{"consumptionExpiration":"1554625871290","entitlementType":"PRIME_SUBSCRIPTION","grantedByCustomerId":"A1L5ZDW87J5D6E"},"titleId":"B006B2YVLA","videoMaterialType":"Feature","videoQuality":"HD"}}

So, what do I need to do next?  What other info is needed?

Thanks in advance!
Google have made some major changes to things - see here and subsequent threads for some more details.

Some few parts can maybe be worked around, but others will be show-stoppers it looks like.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
>_<

Okay, thanks for pointing me to that.  I'd mark this as Solved (ha!), but I don't seem to be able to edit my posts currently.
No, your account is too new to have that priv yet (it's a generic anti-spam measure to prevent drive-by spamming).

Allow me to instead... Smile

Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm wondering now if I was premature in saying it's solved. I understand that Google content won't be available for now (depending on how the work-around goes). But what about Amazon? I can, for example, access Survivor shows but not The Amazing Race or Parks & Rec. What would cause that?
See the thread linked - there seems to be some differences between SD and HD media access and possible work-around for the former.

As I don't make use of such subscription services I can't comment in detail on a per-supplier basis, or different areas within a given one. It was more a heads-up that things have happened and that add-on authors may need time to catch-up and make changes (if those are possible).

Kodi Blog Posts
Oh right. *Sheepish grin*
Okay, yeah this is "solved" for now.

Thanks for the quick & helpful replies!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Widevine playback issue?0