Release [THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon
How to implement in KODI default Skin Estuary

JUST PASTE/COPY INTEGRATION SOLUTION:
  • Install addon from zip
  • In OS Windows paste/copy the Variables.xml on following downloads to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\xml\

(I recommend to backup the original! Also when you update the skin via repo the modification is gone)
When use Estuary (latest Skin version 1.9.16) on Kodi 17 Krypton just paste/copy the Variables.xml in the following download link over it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EztFRVb...sp=sharing
When use Estuary (latest Skin version 2.0.22) on Kodi 18 Leia just paste/copy the Variables.xml in the following download link over it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EoKUKUu...sp=sharing

MANUAL INTEGRATION SOLUTION (IT'S REALLY NOT VERY DIFFICULT - ALSO FOR LAYMAN):
  • Install addon from zip.
  • In OS Windows go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\xml\Variables.xml
  • Open Variables.xml with notepad++
  • Search for this variable: <variable name="InfoWallThumbVar">

Insert this:
Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(directors)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,resource://resource.images.moviedirectorthumbs/,.jpg]</value>

between
Code:
<value condition="!String.isempty(ListItem.Thumb)">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</value>
and
Code:
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>

That in the end it looks like this:
Code:
<value condition="!String.isempty(ListItem.Thumb)">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</value>
<value condition="Container.Content(directors)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,resource://resource.images.moviedirectorthumbs/,.jpg]</value>        
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>

How to implement in other Skins you use?

Generally you have to find out in wich .xml and in wich code line there the poster variable or the icon/thumb variable is handled.
In most cases the .xml file is called Variables.xml or IncludesVariables.xml or something similar.
The variable name is called in every skin different.
To make search easier, i'm almost certain that these codes are also in the variable we are searching: $INFO[Listitem.Art(poster)] and $INFO[ListItem.Thumb] or $INFO[ListItem.Icon]
  • Ask the Skin maintainer where to find it.
  • You can also ask him if he could add this line to next release so you have not to do it manually and also not always must edit the .xml on a release update.

This is the main code have to put into the variable:

Code:

In case of doubt, position this code line (value condition) at the beginning of the variable and not at the end. It could be (as with my skin) that the following code lines (value condition) exclude the new code line (value condition).

If you have succeeded integrating into your skin, please let me know, I would like to post/edit the solution here as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon - by chrissix666 - 2019-04-04, 12:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon12