Release [THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon
(2019-06-22, 15:53)rschiks Wrote:
(2019-06-08, 14:31)Captain_Pike Wrote: I'm realy looking forward to the huge director's resource bundle!  Nod
Luckily i have more than enough storage space on my system where kodi is running.
I missed it, but @"chrissix" has updated the first post with links to the "complete" (because it's never complete) collection. 
Yes, I noticed it recently.
The simple copy/paste solution for the standard Skin offered by @"chrissix" works great.
I also managed to integrate for @latts9923 Skin AEON MQ8 Leia Mod.
On @manfeed AEON TAJO Skin I have not found the right passage yet where i have to add the one line of code.
But i'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the variables.xml. Still trial and error.

It works great. With just over 800 directors in my kodi db there are only 7 where a fallback thumb is displayed.
In this cases these are either very old or independent films. But there is not a single gap - nice!

I have to admit 4.5 gigabytes are really a chunk, but who cares no matter my thumbnail cache folder has 20 gigabytes.
So it's not for low powered devices and micro computers. But still a solution as no solution.
____

A few questions:

1st) Why fallback thumbs? Yes, it looks more similar to TMDB, and it does not bother me at all,
but i suppose the high number of copies of fallback thumbs alone requires three-quarters of the addon's size.

2nd) Why do i have to manually copy the resources after the addon installation into the resource folder.
Resource Addons can be installed with includes resources.

3rd) Could i also use the addon to show director thumbs as well as the actor thumbs in dialogvideoinfo are displayed with modding the skin .xml?

4th) Would the addon fit to adding to the Kodi repo?

Great thanks, much appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon - by Captain_Pike - 2019-06-27, 07:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon12