Release [THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon
Hey @chrissix666

I am so impressed with your artwork contribution to Kodi and I think I have implemented all of them into a personal version of Aeon Tajo. So I have one suggestion regarding the Movie director thumb. I noticed that the resources folder coming with the addon contains over 200,000 files. ideally, those would be all directors thumbs but over 100,000 of them are blank/dummy.

So I understand this might be because a real picture of that director was not to be found. but I did not understand why need a dummy for every missing thumb.

I thought the reason could be that these pictures mass gathered with some sort of automated script that also collects the picture even if it's blank in TMDB or perhaps using API?

In any case, my suggestion is to use just one dummy picture and incorporate that into the addon code or during the implementation with the skin.

Doing so will have two advantages

1- reduce significantly the number of thumbs within the addon folder.
2- replaces any missing thumb even if it doesn't exist in the addon folder.

The challenge could be finding a smart way to filter fetching the thumb that actually exists and not the dummy picture while maintaining the gathering of director info the same.

finally, do you have any more interesting projects coming up? 

cheers!

nordicguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: [THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon - by nordicguy - 2024-01-29, 10:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon12