Linux No PVR add-on enabled notification won't let me navigate Kodi Interface to disable.
Hello,
I recently upgraded a linux openelec box to libreelec 8.2.5 running Kodi Krypton 17.3 (comes with the LE install .tar file) with plans to try to upgrade to Leia, however I'm running into a problem. 

Upon booting up, I'm unable to do anything as a popup comes up that states:
"No PVR add-on enabled
You need a tuner, backend software, and an add-on for the backend to be able to use PVR.
Please visit http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR to learn more"

The problem is, I can't get the log files, I can't connect to the device, and I can't do anything except look at the pop up notification.
I've googled and read several articles as well as watched at least 10 youtube vids about resolving it because when I look up the error, some things DO come up. But everyone is able to dismiss the notification, however, I cannot.

I would appreciate any time you can spend trying to resolve this issue and am happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.
I have included a link to the video I took as the error occurs to more accurately explain my situation:
https://youtu.be/UbWb9K_w4mk

Also, apologies for the vertical video orientation, I'm not in my right mind right now. lol.
Did i understand correctly and you upgraded from OE to LE using .tar?

Try a clean install, not sure updating is supported.
(2019-04-11, 19:05)Atreyu Wrote: Did i understand correctly and you upgraded from OE to LE using .tar?

Try a clean install, not sure updating is supported.

Since I can't do anything within the interface, do you know if I will have to boot from a USB or SD?
You have not specified your hardware, but if you are using a s905(x) or s912 chipset you can try coreelec, which supports booting from sd/usb.
Havent used Libre in a long time, dont know if its possible but it cant hurt to try if you intend to use that..
(2019-04-12, 07:01)Atreyu Wrote: You have not specified your hardware, but if you are using a s905(x) or s912 chipset you can try coreelec, which supports booting from sd/usb.
Havent used Libre in a long time, dont know if its possible but it cant hurt to try if you intend to use that..

Thanks atreyu I actually am using a Linux machine amd htpc. I was able to create and boot a USB with 17.6 and it runs fine now. Thanks for your input! You solved the problem!
I didnt do much, you solved it on your own Wink

Glad to hear its working, enjoy!

Atreyu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No PVR add-on enabled notification won't let me navigate Kodi Interface to disable.0