• 11(current)
Release Rapier 12.3.5 for Kodi 19 Matrix
Works like a charm.
Great to hear, thanks! Smile
Hi Gade, thanks for your stunning skin!
Is there a way to display the audio track media flags when playing music, al la Amber does in the music OSD? I don't see a way to do so via current Settings, or maybe I am just blind. Smile
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2021-10-20, 21:38)christoofar Wrote: Hi Gade, thanks for your stunning skin!
Is there a way to display the audio track media flags when playing music, al la Amber does in the music OSD? I don't see a way to do so via current Settings, or maybe I am just blind. Smile

Hi @christoofar

Thanks so much for the kind words and support.

Rapier will display some info (like codec and number of audio channels) when you click "I" or "Information" in the fullscreen music window.
If you bring up the OSD and click "Technical information" you will see codec, channels, samplerate, bits per sample and bitrate.
Is that what you mean?
(2021-10-27, 02:47)Gade Wrote:

Hi @christoofar

Rapier will display some info (like codec and number of audio channels) when you click "I" or "Information" in the fullscreen music window.
If you bring up the OSD and click "Technical information" you will see codec, channels, samplerate, bits per sample and bitrate.
Is that what you mean?
Yes, exactly! Would there be a way to have that tech info show onscreen IN the OSD as the track is playing, without having to drill down thru to them? Kind of like how Amber does it .
(2021-10-27, 03:04)christoofar Wrote:
(2021-10-27, 02:47)Gade Wrote:

Hi @christoofar

Is that what you mean?
Yes, exactly! Would there be a way to have that tech info show onscreen IN the OSD as the track is playing, without having to drill down thru to them? Kind of like how Amber does it .
Is there a way you could do that? Those of us that use Kodi to manage our large music collections would be most grateful Smile
I use the Rapier skin for years now. First of all big thanks for it.

1: I think I found a typo in the file "includes_MediaFlags.xml". In line 37 the flag ist called "hrd" but it has to be "hdr".

2: I have two wishes for the skin. One is, is it possible to to integrate the Flags for the german FSK (0, 6, 12, 16, 18, JK)? And the second is, is it possible to integrate the third 3D-audio-format, too. We already have Atmos and DTS-X but Auro3D is missing.

3: One of the tags for the Ultra-HD Blu-ray is "hdr". I think that is not optimal because HDR content is also possible for content on streams etc. Maybe it is better to use the tag hdr for a separate HDR flag (or separate flags for HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and HLG).
UPDATE: Rapier 12.3.5 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

The highlights are:
  • View option has been added to hide PVR guide colors to achieve a cleaner look.
  • Subtitle and audio language media flags are now built directly into the skin.
    No addon is required for this feature.
  • script.skin.helper.service has been replaced with script.embuary.helper in Skin settings: Reorder categories.
    This is done as script.skin.helper.service has not yet officially been updated for Kodi 19.
  • Several fixes for views.

Code:
12.3.5 (8-November)
- Fixes for labels and icons in tv shows and seasons List Info 2 / 3 views.
- Subtitle and audio language media flags are now built directly into the skin.
- Replace script.skin.helper.service with script.embuary.helper in Skin settings: Reorder categories.
- Add view option to hide PVR guide colours.
- Bugfixes and cleanup.

ENJOY...
(2021-10-29, 23:00)christoofar Wrote:
(2021-10-27, 03:04)christoofar Wrote:
(2021-10-27, 02:47)Gade Wrote: Hi @christoofar

Is that what you mean?
Is there a way you could do that? Those of us that use Kodi to manage our large music collections would be most grateful Smile

Hi @christoofar

Sorry for the very late reply.

I'm pretty busy at the moment.
And I'm also maintaining translations at Weblate.

I have taken a note of this, but it's not a high priority at the moment.
Right now focus is on new features for Rapier 13.
(2021-11-01, 22:26)Rudy96 Wrote: I use the Rapier skin for years now. First of all big thanks for it.

1: I think I found a typo in the file "includes_MediaFlags.xml". In line 37 the flag ist called "hrd" but it has to be "hdr".

Hi @Rudy96.

Welcome to the forums and thanks a lot for the support.
Sorry for not answering for a long time.

You're spot on with the typo.
Thanks a lot for reporting it. I have fixed it for Rapier 12 and 13.
The fix will be included in the next development and official version.

(2021-11-01, 22:26)Rudy96 Wrote: 2: One is, is it possible to to integrate the Flags for the german FSK (0, 6, 12, 16, 18, JK)?

Absolutely.
I have taken a note of this and will create it once I have some extra time.
It might be a while, as I have many plans for the skin currently.

(2021-11-01, 22:26)Rudy96 Wrote: 2: And the second is, is it possible to integrate the third 3D-audio-format, too. We already have Atmos and DTS-X but Auro3D is missing.

More audio format media flags will be added for Rapier 13 (Kodi 20), as this PR is now merged: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19983
This can not get backported to Rapier 12.

(2021-11-01, 22:26)Rudy96 Wrote: 3: One of the tags for the Ultra-HD Blu-ray is "hdr". I think that is not optimal because HDR content is also possible for content on streams etc. Maybe it is better to use the tag hdr for a separate HDR flag (or separate flags for HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and HLG).

You're right with this.
I might optimize the tags for Rapier 12 as well.

Thanks a lot for all your thoughts. I really appreciate it.
(2021-11-01, 22:26)Rudy96 Wrote: 3: One of the tags for the Ultra-HD Blu-ray is "hdr". I think that is not optimal because HDR content is also possible for content on streams etc. Maybe it is better to use the tag hdr for a separate HDR flag (or separate flags for HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and HLG).

Proper logos for HDR has been added for Rapier 13.0.7 - Kodi 20
Development version:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Dev...Repository
Great skin.
Is there a way to remove the top bar in wall view?
Thanks for the kind words.

Go to skin settings > General.
Here you have to enable both:
- Hide top options menu bar
- Hide top bar when idle
(2022-05-25, 10:40)Gade Wrote: Thanks for the kind words.

Go to skin settings > General.
Here you have to enable both:
- Hide top options menu bar
- Hide top bar when idle
Thanks, this worked. [emoji1417]
im new to this skin but i love it so far. Starting to learn it.
But how do i ad widgets, sorry for stupid Q but i am no master at kodi.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 12.3.5 for Kodi 19 Matrix1