Kodi 19 Nightly Windows
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right area. If I am not then i apologize. I like to download Kodi NigthlyBuilds. Since the May 3rd and 4th release of Kodi Nightly, Kodi crashes when you start it(On a Windows PC). I know it is not my hardware, because I have a gaming machine. Perhaps, I am the only one who is crashing when trying to start it, but perhaps others are experiencing it. Just throwing it out there just in case others may have the problem. Ive have to go back to May 2nd, 2 days in a row now
@Newhouse75

Yes, I can confirm that. Thanks for letting us know. I will notify the developers.

Moved to Windows.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have a Windows PC and an almost vanila Kodi install with the some additions: Confluence skin, netflix, inputstream.adaptive, dastabase.cleaner, windows.update & logviewer may be a few other trivial items. It's been working rather well with a few minor bugs i should write up at some stage Nod

But today i used the windows.update addon to instal the lastest daily build but Kodi wouldn't start post update No

To check when the issue started, i ran KodiSetup-20190501-b0f93147-master-x64.exe and Kodi starts without issue Big Grin
I then ran KodiSetup-20190502-d57182ca-master-x64.exe and when finished started Kodi where the splash screen came up and then dropped back to the windows desktop. The exact same occured when installing KodiSetup-20190503-ae31c4f4-master-x64.exe and running Kodi Eek

Logs look good but build 20190502 & 20190503 clag out as indicated below while build 20190501 continues to show the ribbon at which point i exit Kodi.
Code:
NOTICE: Additional mode: Generic PnP Monitor #1: 1920x1080 @ 30.00Hz
NOTICE: Checking resolution 16
NOTICE: Running database version Addons27
NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes6
NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic72
NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos116
NOTICE: Running database version TV34
NOTICE: Running database version Epg12
NOTICE:   load skin from: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence (version: 4.6.3)
WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
*** LOGS FOR PROBLEM VERSION STOP HERE ***
*** Kodi build 20190501 CONTINUES AS BELOW **
NOTICE: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBus::Register - new keyboard device registered on application->keyboard: Keyboard (0000:0000)
NOTICE: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBus::Register - new mouse device registered on application->mouse: Mouse (0000:0000)
NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
NOTICE: initialize done
NOTICE: Running the application...
NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> WebService - start helper webservice on port 52307
NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.3 started
NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Oz Weather (Author: Bossanova808) Starting ...
NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### uname is: ('Windows', 'Shuttle_HTPC', '10', '10.0.17763', 'AMD64', 'Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel')
NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### System is windows
NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Kodi Version #: 18.9
NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Kodi Version  : M*
NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Addon arguments as: ['C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\weather.ozweather\\default.py', '1']
NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Oz Weather (Author: Bossanova808) Exiting ....
NOTICE: Stopping player
NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
NOTICE: Saving settings
NOTICE: Saving skin settings
NOTICE: Stopping all
NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Shutdown requested !
NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.3 stopped
NOTICE: Application stopped
NOTICE: XBApplicationEx: destroying...
NOTICE: unload skin
NOTICE: unload sections
NOTICE: XBApplicationEx: application stopped!

So the problem is with build 20190502 & 20190503 and not related to Confulense skin as I repeated 201901 install and reverted to standard skin before updating to build 20190502 with same result as previously.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2019-05-04, 06:35)Newhouse75 Wrote: I know it is not my hardware, because I have a gaming machine.
That's a bit of a bold statement. Some gaming PC's are set up for upto 240Mhz displays.
Who knows if Kodi might be allergic to that?
+1 from me, I have same issue, nightly builds of 20190501 is OK but all nightlys after that I get splash screen for a few seconds and then it crashes and have to reinstall 20190501. The v19 nightly's seem to install/launch OK but I cant use them until the updated ArgusTV backend is available in the Kodi repository
PR to fix the issue... https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick/pull/169
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
As a temporary solution you can delete the joystick add-on folder in the Kodi installation folder which makes Kodi start. I won't go into greater detail so noobs won't try this.
(2019-05-04, 11:02)Karellen Wrote: PR to fix the issue... https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick/pull/169

Thanks, for the time being I've just disabled this add-on (as I dont use it) while running the 20190501 nightly and can now install/run the latest nightly without a problem :-)
Updated using KodiSetup-20190504-aba6aa94-master-x64.exe and Kodi starts without crashing.
Thanks to the guys for the fix and their continued hard work Cool
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Thankies to everyone for quick responses. The deleting of the joystick files gave a temp solution until May 5ths version came out and all is well now. I appreciate all the input
Since the Windows 2019082364  x64  release I have problems streaming IP TV.  I get a message and log saying The Inputstream.adaptive needs to update.  Then an error message "The dependency on kodi binary file system version 10.2 could not be satisfied" appears.

I reverted back to 20190805 (KodiSetup-20190805-0354d313-master-x64) and all is well.

regards
chook55

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 Nightly Windows0