Solved "could not open video codec" after upgrade to 18.2
As there finally became a 18.x RPM available (on packman) I did the upgrade from 17.x.

Now, none of my videos seems to play any longer. The logs say "could not open video codec" and "Unsupported audio codec". Didn't change anything else in the system.

Anyone has a clue on this?
The repo "repository.simplycaz" is a banned addon (wiki) here for its content.

We cannot offer help or support here whilst it's in place, as per the forum rules (wiki) that you agreed to and accepted when you signed up here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-05-07, 13:39)DarrenHill Wrote: The repo "repository.simplycaz" is a banned addon (wiki) here for its content.

We cannot offer help or support here whilst it's in place, as per the forum rules (wiki) that you agreed to and accepted when you signed up here.

Apologize - seems I was not aware.

New Log
Opensuse seems to have AV_CODEC_ID_H264 removed from their ffmpeg ... nothing we can do.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
See: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Firefox_MP4/...eo_Support :-( sad
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-05-07, 18:46)fritsch Wrote: See: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Firefox_MP4/...eo_Support :-( sad

Thanks! Problem solved.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"could not open video codec" after upgrade to 18.20