Broken Can't edit files on RPi HDD from windows 10 machine
Hey.  Longtime lurker but just created an account for this problem I'm having.

I run OSMC on a RPi 3 B+.  I also have a windows 10 machine from which I can see the hard drive attached to my RPi (its how I move content from my laptop to the RPi/HDD).

Recently OSMC updated to 18.2-RC1 and since then I seem to have lost the ability to "write" privileges on the RPI HDD.

Before if I wanted to edit a subtitle (for example) I'd just double click the shortcut on my desktop, navigate to the file on the RPI HDD, edit and save.  Currently, I can open any file on the RPi HDD, I can even play files on the Rpi HDD on my windows machine, but I can't add anything to the HDD or make any changes.  Windows gives an error saying that I don't have the correct permissions so I'm guessing something changed in the update (before it worked fine).  If I connect the HD locally to my machine I can do all that, no problem.

I'm using Samba for the networking.  Thanks for any help you can give!
You would be better asking that on the OSMC forums, although @Sam.Nazarko may be able to assist you here perhaps.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-05-12, 09:03)DarrenHill Wrote: You would be better asking that on the OSMC forums, although @Sam.Nazarko may be able to assist you here perhaps.

OK thanks.  I'll try over there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't edit files on RPi HDD from windows 10 machine0