Req Ember bad scraping choice when picking same title shows + feature request to fix this
(2019-05-21, 11:30)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, it will slow down the process. To get all information from TMDb I have to run one API call per episode. TMDb has a limit of 30 API calls in 10 seconds, than the scraper has to wait 30 seconds. If you scrape a whole tv show with many episodes it needs ages to get done. IMDb has no API at all and I've to parse each season webpage to get the episode URLs, than I've to parse each episode page to get all episode information. It also tooks ages to get done.

Also a big issue with multiple tv show scrapers is that not all use the same episode handling. For Spongebob TVDb use double/trible episodes, IMDb has an episode number for each one. Or TVDb use the year as season number for American Pickers, TMDb use normal season numbers. It works for many famous tv shows but there are also many exceptions.

Yeah I also noticed sometimes episodes naming or order would be different on IMDB compared TVDB...
That is why I only chose the TVDB scraper for speeding the scraping and consistent episode order.

So is the feature request I created, is clear enough and possible to be implemented for the TVDB or other scrapers that you got in Ember?

If it can fix this problem of ember consistently scraping older less relevant TV shows that would be good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember bad scraping choice when picking same title shows + feature request to fix this - by madmax2 - 2019-05-21, 13:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember bad scraping choice when picking same title shows + feature request to fix this0