WD External HD disappeared
I posted this issue on the LibreElec and OSMC forums but I figured I’d put it here because I’m thinking it might not be limited to one OS or the other. I have a Chromebox running the most up to date version of LibreElec. I added a WD MyBook 6TB hard drive directly to the box and it worked perfectly with no modifications or changes. I was able to add my media shares through the root/media folder and it worked without issue for a couple of weeks. One day, my kid tries to watch a movie, and it can’t be found. I try to locate it in the directory and it’s gone. The whole drive and it’s contents disappeared. I reset the drive, and the box and nothing. When I plug it into my MacBook, it mounts fine, and all the files are there and work. Any ideas why this might happen? Nothing changed, nothing was unplugged or modified in any way that I know of. I tried it on my Pi running OSMC, and same issue, it doesn’t show up.
(2019-05-18, 01:30)docsuess84 Wrote: One day, my kid tries to watch a movie, and it can’t be found. I try to locate it in the directory and it’s gone.
Delete the kid and restart Kodi.

(2019-05-18, 01:30)docsuess84 Wrote: WD MyBook 6TB hard drive directly to the box
So it's connected via USB. Which disk format does it have? Linux has a habit of not mounting disks when there is a disk error, or when the disk is still in some suspend or hibernation state from a previous Windows session. Double-check and reattach the HDD to the RPi.

Perhaps @Sam.Nazarko can help with further investigations.
(2019-05-18, 12:57)Klojum Wrote: Delete the kid and restart Kodi.

You owe me a new keyboard! Verily did I chortle...
(2019-05-18, 12:57)Klojum Wrote: So it's connected via USB. Which disk format does it have? Linux has a habit of not mounting disks when there is a disk error, or when the disk is still in some suspend or hibernation state from a previous Windows session. Double-check and reattach the HDD to the RPi.
I'd also recommend running "fdisk -l" to see what disks are detected, plus "dmesg" once plugged in to look at the diagnostic messages.

Alternatively, "tail -f /var/log/dmesg" to see real-time messages when you plug it in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WD External HD disappeared0