Req Voice Controll for Kodi (Jasper?)
Hello

Would be nice if Kodi would have (somewhen in the Future) the ability to be voice-controlled. (May a god GSOC project?)

What im thinking about here is, to be able to plug in a Microfon, and use it in a "always on condition".

Commands i have in Minde are mostly Music and Weather based.

- "Kodi - play some Jazz please"  (would play random songs with the genre "Jazz" from ur library.)
- "Kodi - play some music from XYArtist" (would start to play random songs from XYArtist.)
- "Kodi - play some music" (would start the "partymode".)
- "Kodi - play some Musicvideos" (would start the "partymode" for Musicvideos.)
- "Kodi - thurn on the TV please" (would start the last played TV channel.)
- "Kodi - thurn on the Radio please (would start the last played PVR Radio channel)
- "Kodi - hows the weather today" (would open the Weather Window, or use "Text to speach" to tell u actualy the current themperature and condition.)
- and so on ..

what would be cool to, but would need "Text to speach" would be stuff like this:

- "Kodi - hows the weather today" (would tell u the current themperature and condition.)
- "Kodi - hows the Weather next weekend" (tells u the weekend weather)
- "Kodi - hows the weather this evening"
- and so on ..

The Keyword to activate the "listen function" could be "Kodi".

There are currently already nice opensource projects for Voicecontroll, i read god things about "Jasper", but its (at least currently) Linux only.
but there are others as "Jarvis" and so on.. (heres a incomlete List of opensource voicecontroll projects, which may is worth to have a quick look at.)

---

I knew there exist already some alexa Skills to command Kodi, but the fuctionality seems verry limited and it all seems a bit clunky + personally i've got some privacy concerns when it comes to a alexa solution.

My hope of a directly integrated voicecontroll in Kodi would be a much smoother integration, and much more options, (specially to controll Kodi Screenless / with thurned off TV Screen (listening to music, ask about the weather and so on.).)

EDIT:
May a dump Idea, may not, may also to early, just thought to bring this up.
No one listens to me anymore, so should I expect more from Kodi?

This thread has more links on this subject https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=344376

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Voice Controll for Kodi (Jasper?)0