Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-06-14, 01:21)bsoriano Wrote: Rob,

In regards to the studio logos, the sizes vary so much that I would have to leave a very big space for the logo to accommodate all possibilities, and I don't think that a lot of them will look good that way.

For the little image editing that I can do, I use Photoshop.  I don't use the texture packer tool, since when you submit a skin to the Kodi repo, they take care of packing the images for you, and whenever I provide a GitHub link, all of the images are unpacked, so they are individual files in the proper folder.

The other tools that I use are a debug xml file that shows me things like the type of content the focused container has, the id of the focused control, the name of the active window/dialog, an overlay image that has a grid so I can try to place controls as accurately as I can, and a tool developed by the developer of Artwork Beef that allows me to show infolabels and booleans while Kodi is running.

Whenever you want, I can provide you with links to those tools. 

Those 3 tools, Notepad++, the Kodi Skinning Manual (Wiki) , the skin files for other skins (so I can study how others have done what I am trying to do), the willingness/disposition of other skinners to provide advice and code, SmartGit for Windows (to hold and upload/download the skin code and all changes) and now and then Photoshop comprise my complete skinning arsenal right now.

Regards,

Bart 
I see what you mean about the studio logos, the smallest in the list is about 75x75 and biggest is about 700 lol.

Thanks for the tips on skinning, I think I am defiantly going to give it a go at some point.

Got to take the dog out now though for his midnight wee Sleepy

I will try the latest git when i get back

Thanks again

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts - by treboR2Robert - 2019-06-14, 01:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1