Extend support for external audio tracks
I'm using mpv as a video player on my machines and it can be configured to collect external audio tracks when a video file is opened. One option is a fuzzy matching, which is very similar to the way Kodi searches for external audio tracks (see this thread for details). Another option is too collect all audio files in the same directory with video file. I find it very convenient because audio files often do not include full video name (no video resolution, video codec and so on), and I prefer to keep videos with external audio in separate directories. It would be really nice to have the same behavior in Kodi.

If this feature is worth upstreaming I can look into it. I didn't touch C++ for a very long time but it looks not very difficult to implement.
Sure get your hands dirty, love to see what you can come up with. As a side note movie folders can be configured with an 'extras' folder, but if I understand correctly you would see the audio behave as subtitles (perhaps with an audio sub folder), as Ace eludes in the link you left. I fear this is not a simple task, would most likely involve skin changes to fetch and base code mods to identify the file and inject.

I think there is general agreement that the concept is exciting.
(2019-06-05, 05:34)PatK Wrote: Sure get your hands dirty, love to see what you can come up with. As a side note movie folders can be configured with an 'extras' folder, but if I understand correctly you would see the audio behave as subtitles (perhaps with an audio sub folder), as Ace eludes in the link you left. I fear this is not a simple task, would most likely involve skin changes to fetch and base code mods to identify the file and inject.

Getting all audio tracks found in current folder and audio and tracks subfolders was easy. The question is how this behaviour should be configured. I couldn't find an obvious place in Kodi interface to put a new checkbox to turn it on/off. There's an advancedsettings.xml, which can be easily used for this task, but I'm not sure if it would OK for common users.
(2019-06-12, 17:34)chelobaka Wrote:
(2019-06-05, 05:34)PatK Wrote: Sure get your hands dirty, love to see what you can come up with. As a side note movie folders can be configured with an 'extras' folder, but if I understand correctly you would see the audio behave as subtitles (perhaps with an audio sub folder), as Ace eludes in the link you left. I fear this is not a simple task, would most likely involve skin changes to fetch and base code mods to identify the file and inject.

Getting all audio tracks found in current folder and audio and tracks subfolders was easy. The question is how this behaviour should be configured. I couldn't find an obvious place in Kodi interface to put a new checkbox to turn it on/off. There's an advancedsettings.xml, which can be easily used for this task, but I'm not sure if it would OK for common users.

Would this be something configured globally or per video?

If Globally then perhaps best fit is https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Language#Audio or if per video https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback#Audio_Settings
I think global configuration is more suitable here. I've created a pull request.
(2019-06-13, 17:11)chelobaka Wrote: I think global configuration is more suitable here. I've created a pull request.

Dear chelobaka, I would like to suggest that we treat external audio tracks in a similar way to external subtitle tracks to simplify the loading process and widen the allowed location, i.e., by a button "Browser for audios" we can load the tracks with any file name and in any location of the file system. It seems more universal and does not affect the previous audio tracks.

How do you like this idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extend support for external audio tracks0