Release TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version
Hello,

I changed my Synology Nas and rescraped my DataBase with The Movie DB Python (It is up to date ; 1.6.2+matrix.1), my Kodi is 19.1.
There are some movies that were not scraped, I think it's due to IMDB that changed something in its presentation.

It concerns only movies where the IMDB name contains the strings :
- (TV Mini Series xxxx)
- (TV Movie xxxx)
- (TV Episode xxxx)
- (TV Series xxxx–yyyy)
My files are named with the IMDB id. (eg. tt12345678.mkv).
With those names, the scrap is not done - only for the movies containing such strings. Then I tried to rename the files with their 'normal' names, where I removed the strings above. Same ; doesn't work.
Here are some examples (ttIMDBid.mkv  or  Normal title(year).mkv) :

"TV Mini Series" :
tt0178130.mkv   or   Cleopatra (1999).mkv   [Instead of Cleopatra (TV Mini Series 1999).mkv]

"TV Movie" :
tt3467952.mkv   or   Eyjafjallajökull (2011).mkv

"TV Episode" :
tt1893559.mkv   or  Chez Maupassant Boule de Suif (2011).mkv

"TV Series" :
tt2467372.mkv   or   Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013–2021).mkv

An example : if you search in IMDB for string tt1893559, it returns one result, and the good one.
Now, if you search for string "Chez Maupassant" Boule de Suif (2011), it works again.
But, if you search for "Chez Maupassant" Boule de Suif (TV Episode 2011) => 'No results found'. That's why I removed the annonying string (in bold).

Where I see the string 'TV Episode' ? In the first result of Google search : https://www.google.com/search?q=imdb+tt1893559
And it's strange because in the page https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1893559/ I don't see the string 'TV Episode' ?!

Whatever I name my file with one of the 2 first methods above, it won't be scraped.
If someone could have a look and fix the issue (or give me a workaround), it should be very very nice Smile

NB : the problem is the same with the other scrapers, but I prefer The Movie DB Python, which was able to scrap all my other movies.

Thank you,

Christophe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version - by chriscx - 2022-09-04, 23:08
Unseen English Landscaps - by Bindou - 2023-01-26, 14:48
RE: Unseen English Landscaps - by Bindou - 2023-01-27, 15:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version0