Release TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version
Could anyone implement my idea of toggling the poster art on or off, as per the toggle for the fan art?

Also I have come across a serious oversight when refreshing.

The movie db in it's wisdom does not allow movies to be in sets unless they follow certain criteria.
However Kodi allows you to create your own sets.
I patiently moved all my laurel and hardy movies, shorts and silents into their own sets as the movie db admin staff did not agree with me that they should belong in a set on their site!

So in the Kodi video db I assume that a flag would be set to indicate what set the movie belongs to.

I created my own movie set directory, created a folder for each user movie set and popped in the art work.
When I create my own movie set, it would be useful if Kodi could use this list to give me an option which set to use.
It only brings back the movie db allowed sets, so I have to create a new movie set name , it would be useful if Kodi could scan the movie set directry to find these user created sets and display them in the option of movie sets. Any chance of amending the code to allow that?

However there is a big oversight by Kodi once you have moved the movies into a user created movie set!
If I refesh a movie that is in a user created set, it loses the fact that it in the set!!!!
I assume from this behaviour that the whole row in the db for that movie is wiped and then refeshed when you scrape the movie again, so the flag for the set is lost!
So because the movie db says the movie is not in a set, Kodi ignores the fact that the movie was in a user defined set.
So all my work was lost when I refeshed my movies!!!

Is there anyway that once a movie is moved into a user created movie site, Kodi remembers when refreshing that it is indeed in a user created movie set?

As you can imagine a lot of work is involved moving many movies into a set, Laurel and Hardy has many shorts and silent films!
All my work has been lost and I know I have to set the sets up again, however I would hope that if I ever had to refresh these movies they would not lose the fact that they are in a user defined movie set.

Thanks for reading.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version - by robertlaing - 2023-02-14, 13:46
Unseen English Landscaps - by Bindou - 2023-01-26, 14:48
RE: Unseen English Landscaps - by Bindou - 2023-01-27, 15:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version0