Enable Master lock code on guisettings.xml and profiles.xml ?
I want to enable Master lock code on guisettings.xml and profiles.xml

I set the masterlock.lockcode  

jsonSetlock = '{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"masterlock.lockcode", "value":3},"id":1}'
    xbmc.executeJSONRPC(jsonSetlock)

and set also the password on profiles.xml 
but after reboot is cleared .
I have also try with advancedsettings without result:

<advancedsettings>
<masterlock>
<lockmode>3</lockmode>
<lockcode>81dc9bdb52d04dc20036dbd8313ed055</lockcode>
<useloginscreen>true</useloginscreen>
</masterlock>
</advancedsettings>
(2019-06-18, 15:08)kabcasa Wrote: but after reboot is cleared .
Are you editing the AS.xml file while Kodi is running?
(2019-06-19, 19:51)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-06-18, 15:08)kabcasa Wrote: but after reboot is cleared .
Are you editing the AS.xml file while Kodi is running? 
i have test both :before running and after
Settings can be written during the shutdown of Kodi, so editing the AS.xml file during Kodi is not recommended. Smile
Which OS are you using?
(2019-06-19, 22:17)Klojum Wrote: Settings can be written during the shutdown of Kodi, so editing the AS.xml file during Kodi is not recommended. Smile
Which OS are you using?

i'm using windows7 and  kodi18.2 .
You said that settings can be written during the shutdown ? How can do that pls .
(2019-06-19, 22:17)Klojum Wrote: Settings can be written during the shutdown of Kodi, so editing the AS.xml file during Kodi is not recommended. Smile
Which OS are you using?
Eh?  Can you point to that advice?  Kodi never writes to advancedsettings.xml (unless via an addon).  It can be safely edited while kodi's running, then settings applied on a restart or profile switch.
(2019-06-19, 23:13)trogggy Wrote:
Which OS are you using?
Eh?  Can you point to that advice?  Kodi never writes to advancedsettings.xml (unless via an addon).  It can be safely edited while kodi's running, then settings applied on a restart or profile switch. 
thank you for your message .I write to AS via an addon .

To be clear my goal is to enable lockmode with pin code .
i don't understand why the profiles.xml is cleared at shutdown .

If i do it manually from settings>interface>Master lock the profiles.xml is not cleared
(2019-06-19, 23:41)kabcasa Wrote: thank you for your message .I write to AS via an addon .

If i do it manually from settings>interface>Master lock the profiles.xml is not cleared 
It doesn't matter how you write to advancedsettings.xml - the file is only read on startup or loading a profile.  The point I was making is that it's not changed on shutdown - and it doesn't matter a damn whether kodi's running when you edit it (obviously if you use an addon kodi's running).
No idea on lockmode, sorry.
(2019-06-19, 23:52)trogggy Wrote:
(2019-06-19, 23:41)kabcasa Wrote: thank you for your message .I write to AS via an addon .

It doesn't matter how you write to advancedsettings.xml - the file is only read on startup or loading a profile.  The point I was making is that it's not changed on shutdown - and it doesn't matter a damn whether kodi's running when you edit it (obviously if you use an addon kodi's running).
No idea on lockmode, sorry. 
yes the AS is not changing but profiles.xml yes and clear the both settings to 
        <lockmode>0</lockmode>
        <lockcode></lockcode>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable Master lock code on guisettings.xml and profiles.xml ?0