Dumb question about Smart Playlists
I've been struggling with using my smart playlists as main menu items. I'm struggling with using Nodes, and was hoping that the Smart Playlists would work for me. 

After creating a smart playlist and setting it as a menu item, does the smart playlist continue to update itself based on the rules? It seems like once I create a smart playlist, it doesn't add new titles that match. 

I'm using a Path>Contains> NFS network folder location for the rule, but new titles don't get added to the library. 

Any advice or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. 

This is on an nVidia Shield running 18.2 and accessing files on a Synology NAS.
(2019-06-19, 05:13)ckronengold Wrote: I've been struggling with using my smart playlists as main menu items.
See guide here... Custom home items (wiki)

(2019-06-19, 05:13)ckronengold Wrote: does the smart playlist continue to update itself based on the rules
Yes it does.

(2019-06-19, 05:13)ckronengold Wrote: I'm using a Path>Contains> NFS network folder location for the rule, but new titles don't get added to the library. 
Can you either
1. provide a screenshot of the smart playlist so we can see settings and rules or
2. If you know where the smart playlist xml file is, then paste the contents here
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-19, 05:28)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-06-19, 05:13)ckronengold Wrote: I've been struggling with using my smart playlists as main menu items.
See guide here... Custom home items (wiki)
(2019-06-19, 05:13)ckronengold Wrote: does the smart playlist continue to update itself based on the rules
Yes it does.
(2019-06-19, 05:13)ckronengold Wrote: I'm using a Path>Contains> NFS network folder location for the rule, but new titles don't get added to the library. 
Can you either
1. provide a screenshot of the smart playlist so we can see settings and rules or
2. If you know where the smart playlist xml file is, then paste the contents here  
ImageImage
I need to find the XLM file on the Shield, but I haven't installed a file browser on it yet.
Hmm, I cannot see anything wrong with that. If it did not work, then your list would be empty. As to why it is not updating is a mystery at the moment. Maybe others have experienced this.

What happens if you change your rule from Path contains to Path starts with?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-19, 07:29)Karellen Wrote: Hmm, I cannot see anything wrong with that. If it did not work, then your list would be empty. As to why it is not updating is a mystery at the moment. Maybe others have experienced this.

What happens if you change your rule from Path contains to Path starts with?

When I change the rule, it refreshes the list. But it doesn't seem to find new movies without manually selecting "update library" in the settings.

I'm using AeonNox Silvo. I'm just gonna keep messing around. I'm sure its some other random toggle that I hit along the way. When in doubt, its probably my fault.
What is really strange to me is that my playlists / XML files seem identical (for folders in the same location, ie: KidsTV vs TVDVR) but one works and one doesn't. I can't seem to copy my XML files to paste, but I grabbed some screen shots of the playlist rules.  

KidsTV library on my server: 

But no shows found: 

Same list on my NAS
And the shows it finds

Regular TVDVR on my server: 
And the list it generates: 

So there's something funky going on that I can't figure out. TV show libraries obviously work on my server, because the non-kids version works. And the Kids TV library is fine, because all the same files are indexed if they sit on the NAS. 

What am I missing?
(2019-06-21, 15:19)ckronengold Wrote: When I change the rule, it refreshes the list. But it doesn't seem to find new movies without manually selecting "update library" in the settings. 
A smart playlist shows you a filtered library view (eg Movies in my library where the path starts with...'
If it isn't in your library it won't appear in a smart playlist.
So yes, you have to hit 'update library' to update smart playlists.
(2019-06-21, 18:05)trogggy Wrote: So yes, you have to hit 'update library' to update smart playlists.

So if I add songs to my music directory on my thumb drive, they will not be included in a smart playlist until I "update library"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dumb question about Smart Playlists0