• 17(current)
Release Philips Hue Service & Ambilight
Hi

I'll need kodi debug logs to investigate further. Are you using the latest version 0.12.16? Are you getting any error messages or it's just not working?
I'll get the log later today. I'm using the latest version, however, and I don't get any messages.
It used to work, but then it stopped after adding and setting up a new scene.
Resetting to default settings didn't work and I've followed the instructions like it said. But the transition doesn't happen at all. I've used existing and new Hue scenes in the app, but without any results.
Great Addon, thank you.
I used the Play/Pause/stop Function and it works great.

It is possible to add an Option that these triggers only start when the Lights would be manualy ON before i start the Movie?

The background is I can darken my TV room. However, this is not always the case and in daylight the ambient lighting does not have to switch on.
The daylight settings that exist so far do not help. If I darken the room during the day, the lamps do not come on.
(2019-07-15, 01:02)Snapcase Wrote: Hi,

I released a new version v0.5.0 with experimental ambilight support. It worked out much better than I expected! I'll update the main post with more information. There are many parameters that need tuning which I haven't settled on, and I'll be exposing more settings in a future version.

I'm especially curious for anyone to try this on a low powered device like a Raspberry Pi. Calculating the colours is a pretty costly.

Very cool thanks just added it
Hi @semool 

I understand what you mean, sometimes I wish it would go on during the day when it's super cloudy or something. I can't think of a good way to build what you're asking for but I'll keep it in mind and might add something like it in the future. 

One option is that you use the manual enable and disable links when you go through "addons -> programs". You can add that to favourites to get access to it quickly. It's not exactly what you want but at least with a shortcut it should be quick and easy.

@Onknight Glad it's useful. I hope you got a more recent version though, the one you quoted is super old!
@Snapcase 
THX, i mean i have no idea of the HUE Api, but can you not check the configured lights are on/off when i hit play? And when they are off do nothing. The Same thing by pause/resume/stop.
With an Switch to activate/deactivate this operation mode.

Then i can manually start the lights before i begin watching and all is working fine. When i dont start the lights manualy before the Addon do nothing.
The app only knows which scene ID to launch, but not what lights are in the scene. But tech aside, it's more of a question of doing it within the existing code in a way that's can be maintainable in the long term and doesn't break easily, and without it taking forever. Almost anything can be done, but doing it well and in a reasonable amount of time is another story Smile I'm doing this in my free time and I'm not a master programmer.

I'll keep it in mind and if I have the opportunity I'll look into it, but no promises.
Hey mate, just letting you know that Kodi tries to update your add-on to version 0.12.17 which doesn't seem to exist on GitHub. So the installation fails with an error code. I manually downloaded 0.12.18 and all is well.

Cheers Blush
That's weird. I updated the Kodi repo and it should go straight to 0.12.18 for everyone. Looks ok now on my end. If anyone else is having problems with the auto update please post here
No worries, it might've just been me. Although looking at the log it does say that it isn't getting a response for 0.12.17 (which is now fixed since I manually downloaded).

On a side note, looks like you've got a lot of updates in store for us before we hit the mighty v1.0 Big Grin
Hi

Hue Service seems to have stopped working for music videos / concerts.

This worked for me OK previously.

Anyone else?

Thanks
I haven't made any (intentional) changes that would cause that afaik. If you include logs I'll investigate
Forgot to ask - is this add-on python 3-compatible by any chance?
Hello, 

Very good plugin i've just installed and setup. But, on Nvidia shield, problem is i cannot make lights color really "ambilight" looks like. when film start, color fix but after, the color doesnt change along the film. Do you know how to fix it?
@Cinephile It's not tested with python 3 but it might work. Once Kodi 19 is more advanced I'll probably switch it over and make it version 1.0

@gjhx Unfortunately ambilight doesn't work on Android devices, there's nothing I can do on my end.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips Hue Service & Ambilight0