OS X TV channels do not launch now before they worked fine
Hi there

I am running the latest version of Kodi on a Mac mini (Mac os 10.13.6 High Sierra) and everything was fine. I have a sub and get all types of channels. I was in Hog haven, then suddenly the TV channels do not work. The thing is they do work when I use my sub's addon, so I know the channels are there and working. When I go to just TV under Kodi's main menu, it still shows the channels but they do not launch.

I have tried several fixes from here and youtube but they have not worked. I have tried these:

1. updating URL resolver
2. enabling both "RTMP input" & "Input stream adaptive" under "video player input stream"

The thing is I cannot recall if I changed something that made it not work or it just stopped working. I could cut & paste the error that I get in the log but I read its not allowed here and I have not figured out how to upload the log file where you guys want it or where I can find the log file on my computer. The error says " open input stream error" and "failed to open source" and "open failed with code 401"

Could anyone help me, please?
I forgot to state that I am using IPTV simple client !!
Hello, world!! anyone out there? I'm sure I am not the only one having this problem! Is there anything better than IPTV? You know Netflix does not have this problem, only buffers at the beginning then works perfectly for the remaining of the movie. I know it's different with live TV but how does Hulu does it?
(2019-07-06, 23:02)canoad56 Wrote: Hello, world!! anyone out there? I'm sure I am not the only one having this problem! Is there anything better than IPTV? You know Netflix does not have this problem, only buffers at the beginning then works perfectly for the remaining of the movie. I know it's different with live TV but how does Hulu does it?

Ok what is happening here? There must be someone with knowledge of IPTV here. Where are the moderators? I found another addon and it works great from the addon but TV from the main menu does not. Is it ok if I mention the addon names here? So now I have two addons that work great. One uses m3u file for the channels and the other one does not or at least I do not see it. The first one, the m3u file resides on my local computer. Can any please help? Why TV from main menu on Kodi is not playing? Thanks
You can mention what you think relevant. Just bear in mind the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to when you signed up here.

If anything on our banned addons (wiki) list is involved or installed on your device then we no support will be available here. Nor do we support usage of any of the huge pirated m3u channel lists which can be found in some of the darker corners of the internet.

But if such concerns do not apply then a debug log (wiki) of an attempt to play one of the channels in question is the best place to start. I'll add details for that in the next post.

Given no-one from the community has given any input yet it may well be that you are indeed the only one to have this specific issue.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-07-11, 10:31)DarrenHill Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Thanks, DarrenHill

I will attempt to do what you suggest. One question, if it's found that I do have  prohibited addons, since I have been trying tons of stuff to fix my problem, and if I delete them afterwards, can you still provide assistance or is this ban forever? I have looked at the banned addons, and will take another look again before I do the debug to ensure that I do not have any.
If the banned addons (wiki) are in place we cannot support you, although if needed we will endeavour to assist in their removal if required. Once the system is clean then support can be offered here.

The technical reason we don't offer support with such installations in place is that it's far from unknown for them to passively (and in some cases actively) screw things up, and we have enough to support here without wasting time and effort on such systems. If things are cleaned up then we can try, but depending on what has been installed they can leave stuff behind (either orphaned scripts or just general scewed up configurations) at which point burning to the keel and starting again can be the best option.

But get cleaned up first as best you can, then post the log and we can see where we are and what we can do to help you out (either with the problem itself or with getting a clean system).

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV channels do not launch now before they worked fine0