• 41(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2019-10-20, 16:55)fandangos Wrote: Let me know if colors are still dessaturated, no logs are needed. 

If this doesn't work either...
Try changing rendered from DXVA or AUTO to Pixel Shader and let me know if colors are still dessaturated.
No change. With Pixel Shader too.
(2019-10-20, 17:06)_DMU_ Wrote:
(2019-10-20, 16:55)fandangos Wrote: Let me know if colors are still dessaturated, no logs are needed. 

If this doesn't work either...
Try changing rendered from DXVA or AUTO to Pixel Shader and let me know if colors are still dessaturated.
No change. With Pixel Shader too. 

So the problem is not in the renderer. 
The problem is not while passing the metadata to the driver. 

The only place it can be is in RendererBase. 
I'm compiling the last build for today because I need to go before the wife ask for a divorce.

Changed bt.709 in RendererBase.h to:
  AVColorPrimaries primaries = AVCOL_PRI_BT2020;
  AVColorSpace color_space = AVCOL_SPC_BT2020_CL;
  AVColorTransferCharacteristic color_transfer = AVCOL_TRC_SMPTEST2084;
int bits = 10;

Uploading this build now.
Ok here we go:

https://mega.nz/#!bE1nGIzT!QAPiDPKGuAOnH...OS3WFtDHhA

Edit: found a way to get dessaturated colors here, if I alt+tab it will be dessaturated. 
That doesn't explain much but I'll let this information here for now.
Ok, fixed the alb + tab bug. 

MAYBE this will also fix the Ryzen problem:

https://mega.nz/#!zBFxlChZ!WHDx0rDPvZ9YM...ctvTfM_Elo
(2019-10-20, 17:30)fandangos Wrote: I'm compiling the last build for today because I need to go before the wife ask for a divorce.
Man, take time for your wife !!!
R3 2200G / Vega8 / Samsung UE40NU7100
Win10Pro 1909 / 4K RGB 60Hz Full / AMD19.10.1
(2019-10-20, 18:00)_DMU_ Wrote:
(2019-10-20, 17:30)fandangos Wrote: I'm compiling the last build for today because I need to go before the wife ask for a divorce.
Man, take time for your wife !!! 
Taking her to lunch in a special restaurant. 

Let me know if the last one (alt tab fixed) fixed the Ryzen problem.
(2019-10-20, 18:08)fandangos Wrote: Let me know if the last one (alt tab fixed) fixed the Ryzen problem.
No change.
have seeking problems with h264 / 265 videos.. it hangs at any 2nd time and i have to restart windows
(2019-10-21, 01:06)Gee11 Wrote: have seeking problems with h264 / 265 videos.. it hangs at any 2nd time and i have to restart windows

This was caused by FFmpeg 4.2, I have since reverted back to 4.0 and tested along with others that seeking is fine now. 

By the way, just a heads up, Team Kodi started to migrate from Python 2 to Python 3 and this is a big deal, it will cause several addons and modules to stop working and if they are updated to support Python 3 I believe this could cause incompatibility so disable any automatic updates for now. 

In relation to a few Ryzen, I'll have to ask around since every idea I had about fixing it did not work. 
If anyone else with a Ryzen cpu and having any problem with dessaturated colors would like to give a go at the alt tab fixed installer above, let me know if this fixes it for you.
(2019-10-21, 02:12)fandangos Wrote: In relation to a few Ryzen, I'll have to ask around since every idea I had about fixing it did not work. 
If anyone else with a Ryzen cpu and having any problem with dessaturated colors would like to give a go at the alt tab fixed installer above, let me know if this fixes it for you.

It is not easy to see. Even I do not always understand normal colors or desaturated. The best way to understand is if your TV shows the current color gamut (BT2020, BT709, DCI-P3) in the Image Settings (Advanced Settings -> Color Space Settings). To do this, you need to set the HDMI input of the TV as Blu ray, for example (not PC!).
Note: if you activate the HDR mode in Windows, then the TV will always show BT2020 (DCI-P3). And it is right. If the HDR mode is activated through Kodi, then only BT709 color space is active on TV.
R3 2200G / Vega8 / Samsung UE40NU7100
Win10Pro 1909 / 4K RGB 60Hz Full / AMD19.10.1
One interesting "flaw" in this method is that once HDR is enabled the Kodi interface then looks wrong when you go back to your media list etc. This is a Windows fault to a certain extent I suppose but an interesting one nonetheless.
(2019-10-21, 02:12)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 01:06)Gee11 Wrote: have seeking problems with h264 / 265 videos.. it hangs at any 2nd time and i have to restart windows

This was caused by FFmpeg 4.2, I have since reverted back to 4.0 and tested along with others that seeking is fine now. 

By the way, just a heads up, Team Kodi started to migrate from Python 2 to Python 3 and this is a big deal, it will cause several addons and modules to stop working and if they are updated to support Python 3 I believe this could cause incompatibility so disable any automatic updates for now. 

In relation to a few Ryzen, I'll have to ask around since every idea I had about fixing it did not work. 
Im still using 2.8 and i still have the problem
and is it possible to reinitialize HDR ON/OFF between TV Channel switching without stopping?
(2019-10-21, 12:57)Gee11 Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 02:12)fandangos Wrote:

and is it possible to reinitialize HDR ON/OFF between TV Channel switching without stopping?

Not sure if I follow you said you have seeking problems.
And you want to reinitialize hdr during playback. Why?
(2019-10-21, 13:26)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 12:57)Gee11 Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 02:12)fandangos Wrote: This was caused by FFmpeg 4.2, I have since reverted back to 4.0 and tested along with others that seeking is fine now. 

Noo not during playback ^^ if i switch from Travel XP 4K (which is HDR) to e.g. Pro7 HD (wich is SDR) HDR will still be enabled but it has to be disabled on SDR

Same Effect with Videos. Watching a HDR Video and direkt switch to a SDR Video without pressing Stop Key HDR is still enabled on the SDR Video
(2019-10-21, 14:53)Gee11 Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 13:26)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 12:57)Gee11 Wrote: Im still using 2.8 and i still have the problem

Noo not during playback ^^ if i switch from Travel XP 4K (which is HDR) to e.g. Pro7 HD (wich is SDR) HDR will still be enabled but it has to be disabled on SDR

Same Effect with Videos. Watching a HDR Video and direkt switch to a SDR Video without pressing Stop Key HDR is still enabled on the SDR Video

Ohh now I get it.
I believe I can do it.

I'll not merge my fork with main kodi because of the python situation. When somebody tell me everything is fine I can do it.
Next update I'll be able to have alt tab fixed for hdr and no need to stop the movie to switch hdr off.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9