• 49(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
Just to report that I'm able to integrate this code with Kodi but I'm getting dessaturated colors for both DXVA and Pixel Shader. 

If the switcher runs outside of Kodi it will set the desktop into BT.2020. 
Running the same code from within Kodi make colors dessaturated. 

If this can be sorted we are looking at a universal HDR solution for windows. 
Thanks _DMU_
(2019-10-30, 00:53)fandangos Wrote: Just to report that I'm able to integrate this code with Kodi but I'm getting dessaturated colors for both DXVA and Pixel Shader. 

Thanks _DMU_
Try this... On my ryzen i set PowerDVD as player but to stop Kodi to brake bt2020, i need to set Kodi in full windows mod...
(2019-10-30, 00:57)DevilMayCry Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 00:53)fandangos Wrote: Just to report that I'm able to integrate this code with Kodi but I'm getting dessaturated colors for both DXVA and Pixel Shader. 

Thanks _DMU_
Try this... On my ryzen i set PowerDVD as player but to stop Kodi to brake bt2020, i need to set Kodi in full windows mod... 

Already tried with full screen exclusive and windowed full screen, both break bt.2020, testing this with Nvidia for now.
(2019-10-30, 01:05)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 00:57)DevilMayCry Wrote:

Thanks _DMU_

Already tried with full screen exclusive and windowed full screen, both break bt.2020, testing this with Nvidia for now.

Can you upload that build, i can test on AMD iGPU?
Need to work further on it. 
I'm already able to keep BT.2020 but still dessaturated colors.

I'm done for today. This is really unstable, crashes all the time.
You only get correct colors if you enable HDR before starting the player. 

This maybe a solution for Ryzen and Intel but really unstable.
(2019-10-29, 16:46)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 16:28)JWort93 Wrote: So I've noticed very occasional stuttering while using this with my GT 1050ti, so I ran the card through an HDFury Integral, and it is reporting a frame rate of 23.978, which is likely resulting in duplicated frames every couple minutes to make up the small frame rate difference. I know most blu-ray players usually output at a frame rate of 23.973hz for 24p content, and don't have any issues. Does anyone know if this is a driver issue, and if some driver versions are better than others? I'm currently using the NVIDIA Studio Driver v431.86.

If the a 23.976 content is played in a 60hz display the player needs to perform a 3:2 pulldown
Here you can read more about it:
https://www.extron.com/article/32pulldown

If the content is 23.976 and requests a display refresh rate change from the display, as the default for this fork build, it's up to the display to change it's refresh to match the video content. 
This gives the most accurate representation of the movie and it's up to the display to reproduce it based on it's settings, like frame interporation on/off, true cinema (for sony displays) etc. 
This is also the cause of judder that some people are more perceptive than others, again depending on how the display will handle 23hz. 

Also, there would be a missmatch of sync cause by the refresh rate change and this is solved setting the delay for the refresh change to happen, in the cause of this build is set happen to 2 seconds after the movie starts. 

If you prefer 3:2 pulldown or your display doesn't handle 23hz very well, just go into Video settings and display change display refresh to off.  

Just a quick question,

is it better to set display rate for my TV (secondary monitor) manually to 24htz within Nvidia, which i currently am or set adjust display rate change within Kodi ? 

noticing minimal stutter if any but am skipping anywhere between 1-3 frames depending on movie.

many thanks if i could get some sort of clarification.
Kodi with windows HDR Hack built in:

https://mega.nz/#!vckl0CgQ!xU3vdT6Lh9sMZ...xfA9AOcRb4

To use this you will need advancedsettings.xml on %AppData%\Kodi\userdata with:
<advancedsettings>
    <hdrhack>true</hdrhack>    
</advancedsettings>

This will toggle Windows HDR OS switch On when a movie with HDR metadata is played or when a bt.2020 is.
The code to toggle it off is set to when VideoPlayer shuts off. 

I've also changed a few things in DXVAHD so check with this set to true and set to false. 

This crashes A LOT with Nvidia.
Haven't tested with AMD yet.

Also, people with Intel 4k HDR HDMI 2.0a capable iGPUs should give this a go setting it to true.
(2019-10-30, 11:38)kikassridec2 Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 16:46)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 16:28)JWort93 Wrote: So I've noticed very occasional stuttering while using this with my GT 1050ti, so I ran the card through an HDFury Integral, and it is reporting a frame rate of 23.978, which is likely resulting in duplicated frames every couple minutes to make up the small frame rate difference. I know most blu-ray players usually output at a frame rate of 23.973hz for 24p content, and don't have any issues. Does anyone know if this is a driver issue, and if some driver versions are better than others? I'm currently using the NVIDIA Studio Driver v431.86.

If the a 23.976 content is played in a 60hz display the player needs to perform a 3:2 pulldown
Here you can read more about it:
https://www.extron.com/article/32pulldown

If the content is 23.976 and requests a display refresh rate change from the display, as the default for this fork build, it's up to the display to change it's refresh to match the video content. 
This gives the most accurate representation of the movie and it's up to the display to reproduce it based on it's settings, like frame interporation on/off, true cinema (for sony displays) etc. 
This is also the cause of judder that some people are more perceptive than others, again depending on how the display will handle 23hz. 

Also, there would be a missmatch of sync cause by the refresh rate change and this is solved setting the delay for the refresh change to happen, in the cause of this build is set happen to 2 seconds after the movie starts. 

If you prefer 3:2 pulldown or your display doesn't handle 23hz very well, just go into Video settings and display change display refresh to off.   

Just a quick question,

is it better to set display rate for my TV (secondary monitor) manually to 24htz within Nvidia, which i currently am or set adjust display rate change within Kodi ? 

noticing minimal stutter if any but am skipping anywhere between 1-3 frames depending on movie.

many thanks if i could get some sort of clarification. 

I don't have much experience with dual monitors setup. 

Here, with single TV setup, I was getting stutter when playing and this was solved setting a delay of 2 seconds before the movie starts to change the refresh, which is the default option for this build.
This is really hard to point exactly what the problem is, so the best thing to do is experiment with multiple settings and see what works best for your setup.
So this may be a stupid question, but is it normal that my addons don't work? I think it's because of the python 3, but I thought that this was reverted? 
Quote:Based on 28-09-2019 until Python 3.0 doesn't break addons. 
(2019-10-30, 19:15)ToKro Wrote: So this may be a stupid question, but is it normal that my addons don't work? I think it's because of the python 3, but I thought that this was reverted? 
Quote:Based on 28-09-2019 until Python 3.0 doesn't break addons. 

Addons can get updated you have to stop it in Kodi settings, as far as I understand it.
(2019-10-30, 19:21)fandangos Wrote: Addons can get updated you have to stop it in Kodi settings, as far as I understand it. 

OK, I disabled auto-update of addons in settings. But I'm not sure if I understand this correctly: Is this build based on python 2, or python 3? I see the "reverted until python 3 doesn't break addons" in changelog, but when I try to install or run some of my addons it shows some python 3 error.
(2019-10-30, 19:32)ToKro Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 19:21)fandangos Wrote: Addons can get updated you have to stop it in Kodi settings, as far as I understand it. 

OK, I disabled auto-update of addons in settings. But I'm not sure if I understand this correctly: Is this build based on python 2, or python 3? I see the "reverted until python 3 doesn't break addons" in changelog, but when I try to install or run some of my addons it shows some python 3 error. 

That's really weird, I haven't touched anything on the source code here. It's the same folder I have used all this time. 
This build should be based on python 2. 

I have tested the download dependencies.bat when I was building the libbluray 1.1.2 package to be replaced so, not sure if this might have updated something by mistake.
(2019-10-30, 19:40)fandangos Wrote: I have tested the download dependencies.bat when I was building the libbluray 1.1.2 package to be replaced so, not sure if this might have updated something by mistake. 
Okay so that was my fault. I downgraded to Kodi 18, disabled auto-update, then reinstalled Kodi 19 HDR and manually reinstalled several dependencies and now it works. Sorry, my bad.

However, I have another problem. I set the refresh rate delay to 2.0 sec but it didn't solved the stuttering. It sometimes starts to play smoothly after rewinding though, weird.
(2019-10-30, 19:56)ToKro Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 19:40)fandangos Wrote: I have tested the download dependencies.bat when I was building the libbluray 1.1.2 package to be replaced so, not sure if this might have updated something by mistake. 
Okay so that was my fault. I downgraded to Kodi 18, disabled auto-update, then reinstalled Kodi 19 HDR and manually reinstalled several dependencies and now it works. Sorry, my bad.

However, I have another problem. I set the refresh rate delay to 2.0 sec but it didn't solved the stuttering. It sometimes starts to play smoothly after rewinding though, weird. 

Yeah, I still don't know what is causing this.
Kodi is going to a lot of changes and libs update, I guess we need to way for Team Kodi for a complete v19 release.
I would just like to say thanks for the "HDR Mod" all working as it should here on AMD system with Nvidia 1070 Card

I will be retiring my Zidoo Box to the bedroom.

Again thanks and keep up the good work
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9