• 62(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2019-12-25, 03:23)powermarcel10 Wrote: After going back to the normal 18.5 build I'm getting an error when trying to update some add-ons. Something with wrong independencies and python 3.0.0. is it possible that my machine has still the independencies of Kodi 19 installed and because of that I'm not able to update?

Once you update to v19 you cannot go back to v18 as some Python changes are irreversible. I learned the hard way and nuked my Kodi installation to start from scratch. Afraid you'll have to do the same or things will remain broken. 

Personally, I won't be updating to v19 until the final version is available which should hopefully see most of the popular add ons supported.

@fandangos are you still planning on implementing the latest ffmpeg? I remember you saying an outdated ffmpeg might be causing the hitching in v18/19 (happens in master build as well), which is why I had to switch to madVR.
(2019-12-26, 02:24)Cinephile Wrote:
(2019-12-25, 03:23)powermarcel10 Wrote: After going back to the normal 18.5 build I'm getting an error when trying to update some add-ons. Something with wrong independencies and python 3.0.0. is it possible that my machine has still the independencies of Kodi 19 installed and because of that I'm not able to update?

Once you update to v19 you cannot go back to v18 as some Python changes are irreversible. I learned the hard way and nuked my Kodi installation to start from scratch. Afraid you'll have to do the same or things will remain broken. 

Personally, I won't be updating to v19 until the final version is available which should hopefully see most of the popular add ons supported.

@fandangos are you still planning on implementing the latest ffmpeg? I remember you saying an outdated ffmpeg might be causing the hitching in v18/19 (happens in master build as well), which is why I had to switch to madVR.

Yes, I am but I really want to wait until everything is correct with Jogal's implementation of HDR.
I'm waiting for TK to aprove it and merge into the main fork.

Doing something now is pointless because I might have to rework the code into it later.

Also I don't have a HD fury to be able to analyze the metadata but I have watched the new The Witcher series on Netflix that uses Windows API.
I'm very convinced that for proper hdr playback private APIs are needed.
I know 4K netflix has a very low bitrate that helps to ruin the picture quality but it's the worst hdr effect I have ever seen.

So, options are the way to go, I don't see this fork dying so soon.
But I'm still waiting here.
(2019-12-15, 12:02)Lockzar Wrote: Hey there o7

Ive been waiting/lurking for years i think now, about bein able to play/trigger actual HDR trought kodi. I was struggling with Android TV/Nv Shield, BlueStack (PC), when all i want is using Kodi on my beefy computer Big Grin

So gratz to you, please keep it up Wink

Installed your 3.1 yesterday, and was simply amazed that it was just working without having to touch anything !

I have one issue, ive been reading lots of pages here before asking, and seems i could be the only one ?

An audio issue, HDR is good, video is smooth, just audio is stuttering for some reason, on any sources (hdr or not, local movies or TV) never had that before on Kodi, cant figure why ...

So if anyone has an idea ? thank you Wink

PS; Everything seems fine now, im sorry, prolly after the next reboot which was .. today Big Grin

About Nvidia control panel, you guys suggest to set default ? If i do so i get pink washed out colors, i have to set an Nvidia color profiles "YcbcR422" 12bpc (as it is set on my TV)
It should run in RGB, no? Have you enabled the extended HDMI colour option on your TV?
Will we ever be able to play Dolby Vision content in Kodi?
(2019-12-26, 17:26)n00bftw Wrote: Will we ever be able to play Dolby Vision content in Kodi?

In Android or Windows....
(2019-12-26, 17:26)n00bftw Wrote: Will we ever be able to play Dolby Vision content in Kodi?

As far as I know you already can play DV and output DV content with the latest Nvidia Shield. 

Not sure if you need to use some default player with the Shield but I've seen some commits on Kodi main github to enable DV, so not sure. 
I have the OPPO 203 that can play DV content but I have a Sony X900E, the last model without DV, only support HDR10. So I can't tell for sure.
(2019-12-26, 18:14)fandangos Wrote:

As far as I know you already can play DV and output DV content with the latest Nvidia Shield. 

Not sure if you need to use some default player with the Shield but I've seen some commits on Kodi main github to enable DV, so not sure. 
I have the OPPO 203 that can play DV content but I have a Sony X900E, the last model without DV, only support HDR10. So I can't tell for sure. 

Thanks for the reply mate, my hat goes off to you for making HDR/HDR10 playback possible in an easy OOB package. I don't have an Apple TV or Shield Sad, I prefer a Media PC running Windows 10 tbh. Are there any options for playing Dolby Vision in Windows, I heard there is some success with Plex but I am unsure how this works inside Kodi :/. Any stand-alone players such as VLC/Media Player Classic that support DV? Thanks in advance.
(2019-12-26, 18:21)n00bftw Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 18:14)fandangos Wrote:

Thanks for the reply mate, my hat goes off to you for making HDR/HDR10 playback possible in an easy OOB package. I don't have an Apple TV or Shield Sad, I prefer a Media PC running Windows 10 tbh. Are there any options for playing Dolby Vision in Windows, I heard there is some success with Plex but I am unsure how this works inside Kodi :/. Any stand-alone players such as VLC/Media Player Classic that support DV? Thanks in advance. 

I know that outputing DV is possible with Nvidia API, you can actually set the output to DV according the it's files. I never tried it so I don't know if this works or not. 
I wouldn't be able to test it either. 

But, again, as far as I know, you can't strip the dual layer metadata from DV files. 
There are a few parts involved in playing those kind of metadata, there's a splitter/decoder, that opens the file and read the metadata and the second part is that it needs to be sent to the driver so it can output to the display. 

To my knowledge, there's no open source splitter/decoder that can read the DV metadata on Windows.
(2019-12-26, 18:33)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 18:21)n00bftw Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 18:14)fandangos Wrote: As far as I know you already can play DV and output DV content with the latest Nvidia Shield. 

I know that outputing DV is possible with Nvidia API, you can actually set the output to DV according the it's files. I never tried it so I don't know if this works or not. 

But, again, as far as I know, you can't strip the dual layer metadata from DV files. 
There are a few parts involved in playing those kind of metadata, there's a splitter/decoder, that opens the file and read the metadata and the second part is that it needs to be sent to the driver so it can output to the display. 

To my knowledge, there's no open source splitter/decoder that can read the DV metadata on Windows. 

I guess Dolby Vision is still very much in its infancy. I might at some point get a shied pro and mess about with it. I tend to think they are far underpowered when compared to a PC though.
(2019-12-26, 18:46)n00bftw Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 18:33)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 18:21)n00bftw Wrote: Thanks for the reply mate, my hat goes off to you for making HDR/HDR10 playback possible in an easy OOB package. I don't have an Apple TV or Shield Sad, I prefer a Media PC running Windows 10 tbh. Are there any options for playing Dolby Vision in Windows, I heard there is some success with Plex but I am unsure how this works inside Kodi :/. Any stand-alone players such as VLC/Media Player Classic that support DV? Thanks in advance.  

I guess Dolby Vision is still very much in its infancy. I might at some point get a shied pro and mess about with it. I tend to think they are far underpowered when compared to a PC though.

Well, the shield costs a fraction of a PC and consumes way less energy. Just the electric bill makes it a nice piece of hardware.

Also nvidia made a AI upscaler. Not sure how that compares to Madvr but again is a nice addition.
(2019-12-26, 19:50)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 18:46)n00bftw Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 18:33)fandangos Wrote: I know that outputing DV is possible with Nvidia API, you can actually set the output to DV according the it's files. I never tried it so I don't know if this works or not. 

Well, the shield costs a fraction of a PC and consumes way less energy. Just the electric bill makes it a nice piece of hardware.

Also nvidia made a AI upscaler. Not sure how that compares to Madvr but again is a nice addition. 

I think there is already an AI upscaler in the Sony AG9 I have so not sure it'd be worth getting the shield for that reason. I like the low energy though. In theory, would I be getting x2 AI Upscaling from both the TV and Shield? Confused.
(2019-12-26, 20:10)n00bftw Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 19:50)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 18:46)n00bftw Wrote: I guess Dolby Vision is still very much in its infancy. I might at some point get a shied pro and mess about with it. I tend to think they are far underpowered when compared to a PC though. 

I think there is already an AI upscaler in the Sony AG9 I have so not sure it'd be worth getting the shield for that reason. I like the low energy though. In theory, would I be getting x2 AI Upscaling from both the TV and Shield? Confused.

You should use one or the other.
Don't use 2 upscalers at once.
Really nice job getting HDR working and even Blu-Ray Menus.

Is there anyway to get CinemaVision working in this build?
(2019-12-27, 19:13)Paynemaster Wrote: Really nice job getting HDR working and even Blu-Ray Menus.

Is there anyway to get CinemaVision working in this build?

if you want cinemavision you need to talk to @Wanilton

I'm not very familiar with it.
Getting the following error when trying to launch it
Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named 'seqattreditor'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\timmi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\addon.py", line 69, in <module>
                                                from lib import main
                                              File "C:\Users\timmi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\main.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                import seqattreditor
                                            ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'seqattreditor'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9