• 70(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2020-01-06, 02:27)fandangos Wrote: It's possible to turn hdr on with CRenderbase:: configure.

It's not possible because overrides refresh rate. It's not trivial.
So that's why refresh rate isn't changing? Glad to know.

But I have used in Configure forever with private apis, sad that it affects refresh with win api.

You are close! Smile
Hey, loving the fork, just had a quick question.

I'm not seeing an hdr button when I go to the power menu, but I'm using an Nvidia card so I should be fine? When I play hdr content my TV reports it's receiving an hdr signal and kodi's colors change so I assume everything is working as it should be.

I have the use private api setting in the advanced settings, should I also use "try10bitoutput?"
Don't need, fandangos changed to true by default try10bitout in Kodi code.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-01-05, 19:26)theo08 Wrote: holy crap you guys are awesome!

first of all big thanks again to fandangos. Downgrading from the RC to 3.0 seems to have done the trick! HDR content is now displaying in 24hz!

and thanks to all the other contributors as well. you guys are right PC mode kind of sucks, especially because you cannot adjust any of the motion/cinema settings to alleviate some of the stuttering.

What i did now is:
NVidia
- 4k/60/4.2.2-limited or 1080p/120/4.2.2-limited
Kodi
- install 3.0 (need python 2 for Embuary Skin)
- set "adjust refresh rate" to "start/stop"
LG TV:
- disable PC mode and switch to console mode (more settings become available)
- enable True Motion and set judder correction to max (no BFI though as that gives me headaches)

i'll do more testing but so far this seems to produce the best results. cheers again everybody
You should not nned to set "judder correction to max" .- it will ruin the look of the movie.

Here is what you should do:
Change the TV away from "game mode", best is Film or Cinema
Adjust the Black level on your TV to match the output of the PC
Check clipping of black and white with AVCHD clipping test
Enable switching of resolution at start/stop and enable the correspondy resolution in 23,9 24 25hz
Play a movie in SD and see id the resolution changes - most TVs have an "info" button to show the resolution and Hz

If you do not like the regular 24p studder look set judder correction to low or medium

Edit:
It seem like the resolution switching is bugged, however I would not correct judder correction to max
(2020-01-06, 02:22)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 00:34)_DMU_ Wrote: With the exception of the "WP x", which should be 15635. Look for a bug in the code to fix this.

It's not a bug, is a it's a small rounding error only

x = 0.31271 x 50,000​  = ​​​​​​15635,5      OK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminant_D65         

I meant it. Sorry for my bad english. If you make sure that as a result of rounding there will be 15635, then HDFury will also show the point D65 as a result.

PS: Glad to see that you found and fixed the error in my original code:

pathsArray = static_cast<DISPLAYCONFIG_PATH_INFO*>(std::malloc(sizePathsArray));
modesArray = static_cast<DISPLAYCONFIG_MODE_INFO*>(std::malloc(sizeModesArray));
R3 2200G / Vega8 / Samsung UE40NU7100
Win10Pro 1909 / 4K RGB 60Hz Full / AMD19.10.1
(2020-01-06, 01:36)fandangos Wrote: You don't have a nvidia gpu to test the metadata, do you?

It would be a good test to compare.

I don’t have Nvidia GPU, but I’m sure that the results will be similar, since WinAPI is used, which does not depend on the GPU vendor.

(2020-01-06, 01:36)fandangos Wrote: Also I don't see RGB x and y and white x and y on the metadata of the video file.
Can you show the rest?

They are there. This is "Display P3." And you should indicate specific values, as this is the standard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DCI-P3
Rounding errors are gone  Smile

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/commit/8e...78ecfdecb5

kodi.exe => https://www.mediafire.com/file/t99h7xbs6...i.rar/file

@_DMU_   if you can test again with Intel

Thanks!
Hi guys! First of all let me thank you for this!! I've been waiting a long time to have some integrated method in Kodi (Windows or Linux) to passthrough HDR metadata without having to use external players, etc. And version 3.0.1 seems to work flawlessly except for one small thing for me.

I'm using nVidia (GTX 1080), and the only problem I'm having is that, despite it perfectly auto switching to HDR, correct color space and the correct resolution/refresh rate, my AVR and TV/Projector reports to be only getting 8-bits. If I go into the nVidia control panel, and force RGB 4k@30 (or less) + bit depth = 12, then when auto switching it also correctly sends 12 bits.

I've tried leaving the desktop at 4k@60 and "default options" as suggested in this thread, but in that case it always just sends 8-bits, even though it correctly switches to 24Hz (which should allow selecting 10/12 bits).

I'm getting the same behavior with the latest nvidia drivers and also older ones. Same as with the Kodi HDR 3.0.1 and 4RC3. Not sure if the fact that for RGB nVidia only have the option to choose between 8 or 12 bits has something to do with it as there is no "10" option so Kodi defaults to 8?? just guessing of course, but not sure if you have any suggestion to make it work automatically so I can leave the desktop at 60Hz, because I also use it for more things than just Kodi.

Thank you again!!
(2020-01-06, 12:56)jogal Wrote: @_DMU_   if you can test again with Intel

Thanks!

Only AMD Ryzen 3 iGPU here. Sorry.
(2020-01-06, 13:27)_DMU_ Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 12:56)jogal Wrote: @_DMU_   if you can test again with Intel

Thanks!

Only AMD Ryzen 3 iGPU here. Sorry.

His solution doesn't require private apis and is aimed to work with everything.
Download his latest build on the other thread and this exe and please test it for us Smile)
It also works for me.

It's to see if the value 15634 in the screenshot yesterday is now converted to 15635.
(2020-01-06, 13:45)jogal Wrote: It also works for me.

It's to see if the value 15634 in the screenshot yesterday is now converted to 15635.
All OK now.Image
Awesome Smile)
(2020-01-06, 13:23)larsete Wrote: Hi guys! First of all let me thank you for this!! I've been waiting a long time to have some integrated method in Kodi (Windows or Linux) to passthrough HDR metadata without having to use external players, etc. And version 3.0.1 seems to work flawlessly except for one small thing for me.

I'm using nVidia (GTX 1080), and the only problem I'm having is that, despite it perfectly auto switching to HDR, correct color space and the correct resolution/refresh rate, my AVR and TV/Projector reports to be only getting 8-bits. If I go into the nVidia control panel, and force RGB 4k@30 (or less) + bit depth = 12, then when auto switching it also correctly sends 12 bits.

I've tried leaving the desktop at 4k@60 and "default options" as suggested in this thread, but in that case it always just sends 8-bits, even though it correctly switches to 24Hz (which should allow selecting 10/12 bits).

I'm getting the same behavior with the latest nvidia drivers and also older ones. Same as with the Kodi HDR 3.0.1 and 4RC3. Not sure if the fact that for RGB nVidia only have the option to choose between 8 or 12 bits has something to do with it as there is no "10" option so Kodi defaults to 8?? just guessing of course, but not sure if you have any suggestion to make it work automatically so I can leave the desktop at 60Hz, because I also use it for more things than just Kodi.

Thank you again!!

It's an Nvidia problem. They locked 10bit for regular drivers and for regular cards.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9