Windows goes to sleep while Kodi is playing music or showing photos/videos
I have Kodi 18.2 running on Windows 10.

Everything look like working smoothly except Windows doesn't know the Kodi is active and puts my PC to sleep at predefined period of time since the last keyboard or mouse activity.

I don't think settings Never for Turn of display and Sleep in Windows power management settings is a good idea.

Are there any other solutions for uninterrupted Kodi experience with Windows 10?
Any chance you could change the time out to 200 minutes? Would give enough time?
200 minutes = Never ))

Any chance I can set up Kodi so that it informs Windows that there is no need to go to sleep at the moment? Like foobar2000, MPC-HC, WMP, VLC, iTunes and so on...
(2019-07-22, 20:52)garfield Wrote: 200 minutes = Never ))

Any chance I can set up Kodi so that it informs Windows that there is no need to go to sleep at the moment? Like foobar2000, MPC-HC, WMP, VLC, iTunes and so on...
Sure set up one or more of those you mentioned as an external player. External players (wiki)
(2019-07-23, 00:31)PatK Wrote: Sure set up one or more of those you mentioned as an external player. External players (wiki)

Thanks for the advise, I'll check it out.

But is it really so difficult and impossible to correct this bug in the future release?
(2019-07-23, 01:04)garfield Wrote:
(2019-07-23, 00:31)PatK Wrote: Sure set up one or more of those you mentioned as an external player. External players (wiki)

Thanks for the advise, I'll check it out.

But is it really so difficult and impossible to correct this bug in the future release?   
I don't see a bug. Perhaps you could put this in a feature request. Is it so difficult to set-up an external player?
(2019-07-23, 04:25)PatK Wrote: I don't see a bug. Perhaps you could put this in a feature request. Is so difficult to set-up an external player?

Difficult?... I don't think so, but pointless if you don't actually use any external players.

I have a similar but opposite scenario.  I've always set my Windows power management to 'never' for this very reason — and I find it acceptable because Kodi is the main use — and I set power management in Kodi instead.  Of course, when I happen to be doodling in Windows for an extended period (with Kodi in the background), Kodi's power management suddenly kicks in and suspends my session.

Meh, I've learned to live with it.  But I think garfield has a valid request.
𝕓'𝕤𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚
KODI v20 'Nexus' with SKIN Arctic Horizon
NAS Synology DiskStation DS212j with PVR TVheadend
HTPC Intel NUC5i5RYH with OS Windows 10
(2019-07-23, 04:25)PatK Wrote: Is so difficult to set-up an external player?

Not difficult at all. But useless. Isn't it?
(2019-07-23, 07:35)b'sketti Wrote:  think garfield has a valid request.
That's why we have a 'Feature Request' thread. In your case, I would suggest Kodi isn't the multi-tasking king and was designed for a single task operation, but most of us do use it as just another utility in our o/s tool box and have to put up with some short comings. My set-up is such that Kodi is up/down in seconds; I don't hand over power management to anything but my fingers.

@garfield 
"But useless. Isn't it?" having access to multiple players through Kodi's library to me isn't useless. If the fix is simple, we welcome your contribution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows goes to sleep while Kodi is playing music or showing photos/videos0