Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Addons Repository
ok, I tried Retro BIOS tool, providing it the path to the *.rom file, however there was no difference. After plugin installation and relaunching emulator, it seems it's not starting at all - the back screen I could see previously doesn't show up anymore, I can not pause/resume etc.
I might have bad BIOS file. I checked libretro.com and they are mentioning there are two types of files with different naming convention. One ending with .rom and the other with .A500, A1200 etc. I managed to download 2 files ending with .rom (kickstart-1.2.rom & kickstart-3.1-a500_a600_a2000.rom) and today I also got kick40068.A1200. Tried to place one by one into directory set in BIOS tool, but still the same.
On the libretro web, they mention the core has a built in kickstart with basic functionality, so if BIOS is not found it fallbacks to it, which I assume is not my case (or maybe the black screen is already running kickstart with no game file loaded? I would expect some screen with floppy drive and kickstart version as I remember it years ago when having A600)
I uninstalled Retro BIOS plugin and placed one of the BIOS files into /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.puae_libretro_buildbot/resources/system As you can see the addon data folder is within userdata.
There is also other path where I could probably place it: /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.puae_libretro_buildbot/resources/system
I tried to look for a config file of libretro.puae plugin to see what is set up (as on the TV screen there's not much I can configure), but I only found /usr/share/kodi/addons/game.libretro/resources/settings.xml and there's not much in it. Another .xml config is /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.puae_libretro_buildbot/addon.xml but also not much configuration that would help me going forward. I would like to see e.g. paths to vital files like .rom
Also some logging would be nice, but I assume plugins doesn't have it's own log files within kodi and I would probably need to enable logging on the kodi level to see something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Addons Repository - by ctyrka - 2023-04-04, 13:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Addons Repository3