Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-08-05, 00:33)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-04, 19:28)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , I am in the process of adding some of the plugin paths from this addon as widgets in Amber.  One issue I noticed is that for movies, I can press i on any widget item, and I will get an info dialog with some of the info (I understand this is correct, I will have to create a custom info dialog for movies/tv shows to use with these widgets), but for tv shows, if I press i nothing happens.  Is this an issue on your end that can be fixed? 

Thanks again for your awesome work on this plugin.

Regards,

Bart

Should be fixed now. Can you test and confirm?

Also, in terms of info, you shouldn't need to add a new info dialog. You can just add a hidden list with the ?info=details plugin path to the info dialog, then you can use things like $INFO[Container(ID).ListItemAbsolute(0).Genre] in a variable to get the additional info.

There are a couple of ways to get the detailed info list:
By TMDb ID (though you are unlikely to have this for items in the library)
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&type=movie&tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]
By IMDb Number:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=find&type=movie&imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]
By Title:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&type=movie&query=$INFO[ListItem.Title]

Best match will be TMDb ID, next best is IMDb Number.
If you don't have either, then query by title and can add &year=$INFO[ListItem.Year]
Use a variable in the content path of the hidden list so that you can check for each of these and use the best one if available.

You could also potentially do this in the library to act as a skinhelper replacement - but I'm not sure this is advisable as quick scrolling in the library will make a lot of requests. I'm currently looking at ways to check the user state (if scrolling etc) and add some sort of minimal rate limiter - as it will then be possible to replace skinhelper with the details plugin path.
@jurialmunkey, thanks! As soon as I get home I will try it out. So for movies not in my library, I would also have another hidden list for the cast, so I can show it in the info dialog?

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by bsoriano - 2019-08-05, 00:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2