Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-08-31, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-30, 04:53)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey, I noticed an issue today that I am posting here instead of in the Arctic Zephyr 2 forum, since I think it is related to the addon. Using your skin, if I go into the info dialog for a movie and then click on a movie that is in the local db from the first custom info list (say, movies that are in the same set, or from the same director) then I get the busy spinner, but I never get the info dialog for the other movie. I am using the latest Matrix nightly if that makes a difference.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Nevermind @jurialmunkey , it must have been a glitch or issue with tmdb, I cannot replicate this again today.

Yeah I can't recreate the issue.

Either way, in AZ2 I don't use TMDb for local items. I do a search for them in the local library using the following content path:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Label,videodb://movies/titles/?xsp=%7B%22order%22%3A%7B%22direction%22%3A%22ascending%22%2C%22ignorefolders%22%3A0%2C%22method%22%3A%22sorttitle%22%7D%2C%22rules%22%3A%7B%22and%22%3A%5B%7B%22field%22%3A%22title%22%2C%22operator%22%3A%22is%22%2C%22value%22%3A%5B%22,%22%5D%7D%5D%7D%2C%22type%22%3A%22movies%22%7D]

Which translates as:
Code:
videodb://movies/titles/?xsp={"order":{"direction":"ascending","ignorefolders":0,"method":"sorttitle"},"rules":{"and":[{"field":"title","operator":"is","value":["$INFO[ListItem.Label]"]}]},"type":"movies"}

So basically it is a content path that is a smart playlist looking for items with a title that matches ListItem.Label of the list that was clicked on. So I use my script function to set that path to the "TMDbHelper.Path.Current" window property and call my custom window 1136. Once the container in my custom window updates, I do an Action(Info) to pull up the info dialog. That trick is what allows me to transition seamlessly between local and online info. 
@jurialmunkey, thanks! 

I have adapted your code to do as you mention, and it certainly works great.  

On another note, would you consider adding a discover call for tv shows for year? I know the API call is slightly different for tv shows, since it is not primary_release_year the field in the discover call for tv shows.  If you would add it, it would allow me to also show more tv shows from the same year as the current one in the video info dialog.

Thank you for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by bsoriano - 2019-08-31, 01:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2