Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-09-02, 00:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-02, 00:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-09-01, 23:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: Commas are used to split arguments, so I doubt that RunScript command is getting set properly in your SetProperty command because it would be getting split at the commas in it. The problem with your fake list approach is that it is in a separate window, so the label will no longer be correct when the script is called.

The only way around these issues that I can think of is to make a hidden fake pop-up dialog *inside* DialogVideoInfo.xml which only shows when focused and has the onclick action. Similar to how you would make a sideblade menu for view options.    

@jurialmunkey , thank you.  I checked and the properties are set correctly, the commands are not being split at the commas.  In fact, if I select the first option in the select dialog, look online in tmdb, your plugin gets called correctly and I get the information.  The problem is when I select the second option, to search the local database, that my custom search window does not open.  And this only happens if I do this from one of the custom lists, if I do it from the cast list, both options work. 

I know that the difference is that if I do it from the cast list, the tmdbhelper.path.current is empty, and I have not loaded the reloadinfo or tmdbinfo dialogs.

Might this have something to do with how the reloadinfo dialog works in conjunction with the tmdbinfo dialog? I see that my custom search window is opened briefly and then the reloadinfo and then all are closed and I go back to myvideonav.xml.

This is a similar behavior, which I understand is normal, with the approach of reloadinfo and tmbinfo dialogs, which is that the last onback will not take you to the info dialog for the movie or tv show, but to where you were before you started adding paths, whether that is myvideonav.xml or the home screen if I started from a widget.  This how it is supposed to work, correct?

I will look into making the selection happen within dialogvideoinfo.xml.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jurialmunkey , If I change my <onunload> in DialogVideoInfo.xml to do the del_path when tmdbhelper.path.current is not empty to when the tmdbinfo dialog is visible, my custom search window is opened correctly.  The problem is that when I go back to the videoinfo dialog, if I press back it does not close and go back to the previous, I have to press back again for that to happen.  What combination of conditions, or what condition should I be using in the onunload of the dialogvideoinfo to get this to work correctly?

EDIT 2: @jurialmunkey , solved it.  Changed my onunload condition to the tmdbhelper.path.current not being empty and my custom search window not being visible.  Now it works as expected.  Thanks again! Smile
So it is working correctly now? Glad you could figure it out - definitely wasn't what I thought the issue was then!

@jurialmunkey, yes, it is working as I expected, my search window is opened and the onback works as I explained what I think is the normal behavior. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by bsoriano - 2019-09-02, 01:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2