Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-09-06, 19:14)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-06, 13:58)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , just tested.  This is what I have in the log (it pertains to the movie Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbes & Shaw):

html:

Exclude paramstring: info=discover&type=movie&with_cast=Dwayne Johnson / Jason Statham / Idris Elba&with_separator=OR&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw

Wait, is this only happening with movies that have an ampersand (&) in the title?

There's nothing I can do about those because the & character is a reserved character in URL query string encoding. In URLs (which is what the plugin path essentially is), parameters are split at the & character. To use an & as text in a URL, it needs to be escaped using percent encoding but Kodi doesn't provide anyway to do this in the skinning engine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-en...characters

^ A lot of the reserved characters we can get away with using, but the & and ? simply cannot be used in plaintext due to the way the url paramstrings are split. There's no way for the plugin to distinguish reliably between an & used as part of the URL and an & used as part of a title. 
@jurialmunkey , no, it is happening also with movies that have no & in the title.  Please try it with your own skin, use the In-Thatres plugin, and press i on "Angel has Fallen".  You will see (at least using the latest Matrix nightly under Windows) that in the "Films from 2019" custom list Angel has Fallen appears, even though you have the exclusion in your content code. 

Here is a screenshot: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiNkNJ6FN...A?e=aKu3UJ

Perhaps it is a Matrix issue?

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by bsoriano - 2019-09-07, 00:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2