Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-01-12, 23:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 16:49)bsoriano Wrote: - First issue, is that whenever I do a discover call (as the content tag for a list to show in a custom search window), I only get 20 items back, even though there are more.  Is this a limit that you set? If so, is there a param or something I can do to get the full results? I am not setting any limit in the list's content tag.

TMDb API limits all results to 20 items per page. It isn't possible to change this limit. I show the "Next Page" item for paginated lists (not in widgets) but for some reason it isn't showing for discover and I'm not quite sure yet why. I'll look into it.

(2020-01-12, 16:49)bsoriano Wrote: - Second issue is with discover call for tv shows.  If I try to do a with_people, with_cast or with_crew discover call with type=tv, I always get the same 20 tv shows back, and they have nothing to do with the person I am looking for.  For example: plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=tv&with_people=Will Smith will give me 20 tv shows and none of them have Will Smith as cast or crew.

People/Cast/Crew are not supported by tvshows discover endpoint.
The TV discover section is fairly limited compared to movies (it is TheMovieDb after all!)

You can see what are supported for tv discover in the "query string" properties section here:
https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/disc...v-discover

You can also see what is supported by discover by using the "Discover" section of the plugin itself which allows you to generate discover plugin paths like a library node. If you click "Add Rule..." in the tv section you will see what is available (btw TMDb doesn't provide a way to search TV Network IDs so you need to input IDs directly for Networks).

@jurialmunkey, thanks! I ended up not using the discover call. Thanks for looking into the next page issue.

And thanks for letting me know about the discover call for TV shows, I should have looked at the api documentation.

I need to do some more testing before declaring my work with person info complete.

Thanks again for making this plugin better and better each day.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by bsoriano - 2020-01-13, 00:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2