Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
@jurialmunkey , I am running into an issue that I am not certain is a tmdb helper issue, but decided to ask here first.

When I press Info on a widget item in the home screen, and that widget item comes from a plugin which does not set correctly a folderpath or filenameandpath for the items, I am using the following code to play the item when the user clicks the Play button:

xml:

<!-- tmdb helper active, path is empty, tmdb_id present -->
                <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1134,playmedia=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;type=movie&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tvshow.tmdb_id))">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1134,playmedia=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;type=episode&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tvshow.tmdb_id)]&amp;season=$INFO[ListItem.Season]&amp;episode=$INFO[ListItem.Episode])</onclick>
                <!-- tmdb helper active, path is empty, no tmdb_id -->
                <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1134,playmedia=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;type=movie&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Title])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tvshow.tmdb_id))">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1134,playmedia=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;type=episode&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.TvShowTitle]&amp;season=$INFO[ListItem.Season]&amp;episode=$INFO[ListItem.Episode])</onclick>

This works well in almost all cases.  I tried to play episode 9 of season 1 of "Penny Dreadful City of Angels", which is named "Sing, Sing, Sing".  This episode will not play, and I get the following in the log:

xml:

2020-06-23 18:23:22.509 T:24188  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Container -- Attempting to Play Item...:
                                            {u'info': u'play', u'query': u'Penny Dreadful: City of Angels', u'type': u'episode', u'episode': u'9', u'season': u'1'}
2020-06-23 18:23:23.535 T:10304   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\players\
2020-06-23 18:23:23.535 T:10304   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/players/
2020-06-23 18:23:25.055 T:10304  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Player -- Found strm or local.
                                            Attempting PLAYMEDIA(V:\Penny Dreadful City of Angels\Season 1\Penny Dreadful City of Angels - 1x09 - Sing, Sing, Sing.mkv)
2020-06-23 18:23:25.090 T:7112  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: V:\Penny Dreadful City of Angels\Season 1\Penny Dreadful City of Angels - 1x09 - Sing
2020-06-23 18:23:25.091 T:22744  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2020-06-23 18:23:25.092 T:22744   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [V:\Penny Dreadful City of Angels\Season 1\Penny Dreadful City of Angels - 1x09 - Sing]

It looks like the filename is being cutoff at the first comma.  This does not happen with other special characters in the name, as other episodes with & or ! in the filename will play correctly.  I am using tmdb helper 3.1.3 and I tried in both Kodi 18.6 and 18.7, running under Windows 10.

Is this a tmdb helper issue? Could you please take a look? Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by bsoriano - 2020-06-24, 00:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2