Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-10-29, 16:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: Ah yep, I think I know what the issue is. I'll see if I can get a fix working.

Awesome man, I appreciate it and hope in some way I helped you catch a small bug haha!

(2020-10-29, 16:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: TMDBHelper results are paginated for me. It's not actually possible to even disable pagination because the TMDb API forces it to be 20 items. Are you sure you aren't talking about other plugins or the Kodi library?

Also, applying a skin side item limit doesn't make a difference in terms of the time it takes to load a list. Either way Kodi loads the full list and the limiting is applied after (e.g. if you use a plugin that returns 100 results but set limit to 20, the plugin will still load all 100 items but the container will only display 20). The only thing the limit does is reduce memory/cpu usage because obviously having 100 items available on-screen uses more memory than 20 - but that will just improve framerate, it won't improve how fast the list loads. Only way to do that is to change the particular plugin's code to only retrieve X items (which for TMDbHelper as I said is forced to be 20).

Ahh I had no idea, so that sort of changes my entire approach to managing widgets!

But as far as more than 20 results - I've noticed People search results (Cast In Movies for example) will load more than 20 results and instead load the entire list. But you're correct, all other situations are paginated for me.

I'll be getting a shield tv pro soon so I'm preparing for that setup. In the meantime, I'm trying to balance speed and aesthetic with the firestick 4k

I had one more question if possible, with your Aura skin, I was able to modify the Includes_Widgets xml so that all widgets showed ratings (RT, IMDB, MC, OSCARS, etc. - I still have that xml mod backup saved) but I was wondering if it's possible to modify submenu widgets so that ratings show next to movie or TV show names? If it would be a similar process? There's no Include_Widgets xml in Arctic Zephyr 2 so I didn't want to go snooping around lol.

If in fact you would rather not have someone ask you about modifying your skin, I can understand that as well. I wasn't sure if asking was not correct, I'm sort of the new guy haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by inihendrix - 2020-10-30, 08:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2