Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2023-10-25, 06:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: @mikeSiLVO - Can you point me to where in your code you're calling the recommendations script?

Also remove these type of visibility conditions from your containers:
xml:

<visible>Integer.IsGreater(Container(5000).NumItems,0)</visible>

The script automatically manages the visibility of containers using window properties. If you hide the containers early using some other condition then it will cause issues because the script wont be able to see control IDs to populate them - I think this is likely the cause of the issue you're seeing but possibly might also be related to how you're calling the script.

You should use these conditions for container visibility (switch 5000 for specific ID).

xml:

<visible>[!String.IsEmpty(Window.Property(List_5000_Visible)) | !String.IsEmpty(Window.Property(List_5000_IsUpdating))]</visible>

You can also use these properties elsewhere if you need to check the status of lists from other controls. More details here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...properties

IsUpdating is set to True while the content is loading and is cleared once added to the container.
Visible is set to True after items have been added to the container. The property will remain empty if no items were added.

I am currently trying out 2 different ways to call the recommendations. As an <ondown> in a grouplist

xml:
<ondown condition="!String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,episode) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,set) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(item.type),person)">Runscript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,recommendations=5000|info=cast|true|info||5001|info=crew|true|info||5002|info=similar|true|info,window_id=1110,$VAR[TMDbHelperDBTYPEPathVar],tmdb_id=$INFO[Container(9143).ListItem.UniqueID(tmdb)])</ondown>

and an onclick in a dialog I put some extra buttons in but I am currently only using it for testing out some things on the home window.

xml:
<onclick>Runscript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,recommendations=5000|info=cast|true|info||5001|info=crew|true|info||5002|info=similar|true|info,window_id=1110,$VAR[TMDbHelperDBTYPEPathVar],$VAR[TMDbHelperUIDPathVar])</onclick>
xml:
<variable name="TMDbHelperDBTYPEPathVar">
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,movie)">tmdb_type=movie</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,tvshow)">tmdb_type=tv</value>
</variable>
xml:
<variable name="TMDbHelperUIDPathVar">
<value condition="Window.IsActive(home)">tmdb_id=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbUID)])</value>
<value>tmdb_id=$INFO[Container(9143).ListItem.UniqueID(tmdb)])</value>
</variable>

I am not using any visible conditions in the recommendations dialog for any of the containers but I am in DialogVideoInfo for the panel containers populated by TMDb Helper plugin content.

xml:
<control type="panel" id="900010">
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">Integer.IsGreater(Container(900010).NumItems,0)</visible>
<include content="ExtendedInfoListLayout">
<param name="PanelID">900010</param>
<param name="content">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=stars_in_movies&amp;type=person&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Label]</param>
</include>
</control>

I have commented them out to see if that was the reason DialogVideoInfo closes immediately after opening but it did not seem to have any effect.

Thanks Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by mikeSiLVO - 2023-10-25, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2