Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2023-11-05, 08:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-11-05, 04:37)truthlesshero Wrote: I can't seem to update my library from the files/tv shows from tmdb helper. I successfully add the tv shows to my library, but they never update again. I have auto-update on, I even tried to force a full update, then update my tv show library and no new episodes appear even though it's weeks later (multiple new episodes have been added since). The only thing that works is removing the show from the plugin folder, then re-adding the show from the add-on, thus re-scraping all the seasons of the tv show again. Are there suggested settings that I'm missing? Is this something that's happening to others?

How are you adding the tvshows?
Also what version of TMDbHelper are you using?

I dont seem to have any issues with new episodes not being added using most recent version on my repo.

My setup is:

1. On Trakt I've made a personal list called "Subscriptions".
2. Then I add that list to "TMDbHelper > Settings > Library > Auto-update library from Trakt list"
3. I've enabled "Auto-update library and add new/missing episodes" and "Update library after adding items".
4. Whenever I want to add another show, I simply add it to my Subscriptions list (either on Trakt website or via TMDbHelper context menu).

This approach has been rock-solid for me (at least I haven't noticed any issues). It's also really convenient because I can add shows to watch without even being at home -- e.g. a friend recommends something to watch on Netflix etc., so I just chuck it on my subscriptions list using my phone and then its there in my library when I get home after next library update.

So I cleaned the library, created a new trakt list, added the shows to the list. I went into the settings and set them up the same way you do, but nothing happens.

I went to the list itself in the menus of the add-on, context menu, and clicked add to library directly on the list. That didn't add the shows either.

I went further and it seems the add-on sees my lists but when I click to open them, it doesn't go anywhere. It just reloads the list page again (like the trakt lists I have).

I checked with another add-on and the other one sees my lists and I can also open them.

I cleared the cache, I logged out and logged back in and same thing. It sees the list name but I can't actually open the list.

Would that be why it's not updating?

Edit: got it to load! I need to set the list public for it to work here. Private works for the other add-on. As soon as I did, I went back into the settings and put the list again and it seems to be updating on first run. Let's hope that it can update regularly!

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by truthlesshero - 2023-11-07, 04:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2